When's O-week? (1 Viewer)

Maximus

Decimus Meridius
HSC
Enrolled today. I swear they've given me no details about it.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
most people can answer the questions, i imagine. they go to have fun, meet people, join clubs and societies, and get used to the campus (looking for the room of your first lecture might help i imagine LOL)

Last edited:

Lainee

HSC
Sarah168 said:
looking for the room of your first lecture might help i imagine LOL
:uhhuh: That's what I'm planning on doing!

I might pop into some of the talks though: 'Lectures and how to use them' (they might have interesting hints and tips), Economics and Business Lecture 'What I wished I knew earlier' and maybe the Essay writing one. And go on the library tour! There's something about touring a library that's awfully funny I just can't put my finger on it. :D

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Interestingly (and rather suprising), when i went to O-week in 2003, the library tour was quite popular. I remember it being all booked out by the time i went to sign up for one with a friend LOL. I would recommend it, it beats being clueless when you need something for an assessment, you can just get in there early borrow the book, video etc before the mass surge of students!!!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
a lady at enrolement told me it's best to go to O-week, coz if my timetable is shitty then u can ask someone to change it around for u and u can get a better timetable. so that's one bonus for o-week. plus, meeting new friends, the Faculty welcomes, and the music n stuff too

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
i wouldnt suggest goin to all three days of o week, because its pretty repataive, do get your course readers taht are availibale then , saves lines and being one of teh invitable few who havta wait for new printing to be done (they odnt ever print enough) and if you smart and do it online the line will be super short!

umm some ppl buy textbooks, grk, might be worth getting you english texts as the lines after teh first lecture will be horrendous or u might wanna buy them second hand (haha if u want ill sell u mine, and the movie ull need...i have no reason to keep my textbook, though i still have my dot piont essay and exam notes which actually will probebrly help you in my 1005 textbook, im not really fussed on whether i sell my textbooks, cos really they dont hurt to keep)

i had more fun playing with my timetable and that lines horrendous i suggest u check out teh central timetablin units, design your timetable as u want it then coerce the online timetabler to give you what you want when it comes available, its easier and good fun...that lines liek a 3 hour line otherwise!

mostly u got to owek to look around and sign up for clubs and societies! but yeah doesnt really take 3 days!

raybow

HSC
N/A
anyone know the o-week link for cumberland campus???

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
shelley said:
i had more fun playing with my timetable and that lines horrendous i suggest u check out teh central timetablin units, design your timetable as u want it then coerce the online timetabler to give you what you want when it comes available, its easier and good fun...that lines liek a 3 hour line otherwise!
so we do that on the first day of o-week and it can be down online, is that right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)