when you give up... (1 Viewer)

repz

HSC
hahaha i didn't know i had to be so technical i was trying to be philosophical,
wats your views on love and giving up then ZacG ?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
azzie said:
WOW SERIOUS DATE PROPOSAL OFF BOS!!!!!
seriously cool. (coolface)

i think i might have to turn you down because tom is angry that i ruined our e-relationship.
:(
damn!
its still salvageable...
:)

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
There is no such thing as love. Only lust. Which works fine for me anyway.
i was going to say that.

there is no such thing as love.
hence the fact why people break up and married couples get divorced, coz there is no such thing as love.

HSC
if you think about it, we're all only 17 or 18 on average. we have our whole lives ahead of us to find love. it doesnt have to be right now! love is out there for everyone, thats why we invented the word in the first place. Trust me, when you find the right person, you'll know. It could be now, it could be in 10 years, it could not be for 50 years. But it will happen. Don't be so young and cynical!!

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I quote from Billy Joel - Vienna Waits for You:

"Slow down, you crazy child, you're so ambitious for a juvenile..." :)

I also apologise for replying to every single recent L&R thread. I really have nothing to do.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
mmm_sofay said:
hence the fact why people break up and married couples get divorced, coz there is no such thing as love
and what about the people who stay together for 40+ years? and the cute old couples who're still as in love today as the day they met....and the young ones who've been going out for 6+mths and are having loads of fun being together and you can tell they're in love

Ryken

HSC
this kind of discussion sickens me. seriously, who cares? your too young to discuss such crap

alby

cool duckie
HSC
ZacG said:
feel that the entire world revolves around their own existence (this usually goes away during infanthood...)
just because most infants display ego centric behaviours does not mean that they dont have an ability to be compassionate! they are learning the rules of society and social interactions, and to do this they must learn from others, for example they need to progress from playing by themselves to watching how others interact to playing alongside others to finally playing together with peers (trust me, i do this stuff in my course).

and for the record, everyone (babies/infants included) are able to 'love' and be compassionate towards others - kids love their main caregivers (generally parents/rellies) just as much as you and i love our folks because of the bonds we have with them. compassion may be a learnt (developed) 'skill' as you say, but even babies can tell whether someone is hurt/upset, the actual ability to help this person is the only thing which separates adults from babies/infants.

and by the way, we're talking about the love between a couple....compassion can be held for anyone, but the love and compassion you have for your partner is different to the love and compassion you have for your family/friends, which is different to the compassion you have for someone you barely know who you can tell's upset/hurt. love for someone leads to compassion for all.
Ryken said:
this kind of discussion sickens me. seriously, who cares? your too young to discuss such crap
excuse me? how can you acuse us of not knowing what we're on about...
1) you dont know us
2) we're not all yr 11/12's
3) there's no age limit to the ability to love someone else
4) there's also no age limit to people having a relatioship with someone else (ie. couples), which means that anyone can relate to the thread (agreeing or disagree with azzie's initial post is a matter of personal oppinion)

Ryken

HSC
alby: i never said ur too young to love some1. ive been in a couple of deep relationships before. wat i ment to say is that worrying about "the one" at this point in life is absolutley rediculus

ZacG

HSC
http://www.lindamartinonline.com/articles/thesis4.HTM:

Freud (1914) describes the phase-appropriate narcissism of infancy, when the baby experiences himself as omnipotent, the cause of his mother's existence and responses, her warmth, her voice, her breast and so on. Gradually, as reality impinges on the infant, causing discomfort, frustration and pain, he learns that others exist as separate entities, that he cannot control everything and he relinquishes the illusion that he is omnipotent.

HSC
love is more then a feeling, its a committment
seriously, i think that everyone who goes "oh i'll never find love" or "theres no such thing as love" will one day realise that what they've said is utter rubbish. there is no age limit, alby's right. so just cos you havent found it yet doesnt mean its not out there! geez, you have your whole life!

i read this thing in the paper today that people who get more hugs have a higher level of some chemical and are happier and healthier, thats why people in relationships/married people are often healthier then single people. weird huh?!

hipPo3

HSC
Ryken said:
ditto

u know alby .. hes right. He didnt say we know nuthing .. he said we're too young

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Ryken said:
wat i ment to say is that worrying about "the one" at this point in life is absolutley rediculus
noone's discussing anything about "the one"...dunno where you got that from..
ZacG said:
Freud (1914) describes the phase-appropriate narcissism of infancy, when the baby experiences himself as omnipotent, the cause of his mother's existence and responses, her warmth, her voice, her breast and so on. Gradually, as reality impinges on the infant, causing discomfort, frustration and pain, he learns that others exist as separate entities, that he cannot control everything and he relinquishes the illusion that he is omnipotent.
you do realise that freudian theory isnt really related to social/emotional development (which includes compassion/love for others)

lol sorry karen, he started (and continued) the whole compassion/love debate

i've got to agree with what ella's saying...you cant give up on love just caus you've had some dodgy r'ships

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
i was just inspired by the old eps of blue heelers on tv.
dammit, i want someone like that guy the blone woman hooked up with.

Ryken

HSC
alby said:
noone's discussing anything about "the one"...dunno where you got that from.. you do realise that freudian theory isnt really related to social/emotional development (which includes compassion/love for others)

lol sorry karen, he started (and continued) the whole compassion/love debate
*shakes head*

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
"love" is a word thats throw around too lightly these days.
i dont love anyone, and i never have loved anyone.
yeah sure ive LIKED or been/am attracted to people, but im not the person who goes around saying "omg i love you with all my heart im going to be there forever coz we love other etc etc blah blah blah"

hence the reason why im not getting married.
people feelings change. other things can change which can change other peoples feelings.

and with what alby said about old people still together after 40+yrs of marriage, they could just be doing it due to their religion/beliefs.
my grandparents cant stand each other, and i know a few other married people who dislike their husband/wife, but stay together due to due religion/beliefs about divorce.

sorry for bringing religion into the subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)