When will Ruse's #1 position streak end? (1 Viewer)

Which type of school will beat Ruse one day?

• Private or Religious School

Votes: 22 11.3%
  • Selective School

Votes: 119 61.3%
  • Random Comprehensive School

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • No-One

Votes: 45 23.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Ruse has been ranked 1st out of all New South Wales high schools in the 2011 Higher School Certificate for the 16th consecutive year since 1996
They say 'nothing lasts forever in life'.
So the question is when will Ruse lose it's number 1 position in the HSC School Rankings?

Who will they lose their position to? Baulko? North Syd Boys? North Syd Girls? A selective school? A private / religious school?

I'd say Ruse would lose, if it ever happens, to a private school because private schools are able to form tiny cohorts which would boost their chances of getting a higher D.A %...What are your predictions?

zombies

HSC
I don't think it will. Because each year Ruse takes the very best of the best through the selective exam, so there's not really a way for the other selective schools to compete against that.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Why does it matter, if you want to be in the No.1 school, go to ruse, simple, stop having a cry about it coming first all the time.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think it will. Because each year Ruse takes the very best of the best through the selective exam, so there's not really a way for the other selective schools to compete against that.
I guess another selective school is probably out of the question but who knows what can happen...

zombies

HSC
Why does it matter, if you want to be in the No.1 school, go to ruse, simple, stop having a cry about it coming first all the time.
But he's not having a cry about it..he's just asking a simple question!

I guess another selective school is probably out of the question but who knows what can happen...
Yeah but the chances of a private school having a cohort that's better than Ruse's is pretty unlikely :/

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL
I'm not angry or anything.. I'm just interested to see what people think... To be honest, I'd rather go to a school like Sydney Grammar than Ruse...

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
When the school becomes more multicultural/diverse and is not 99% Asian anymore.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Won't happen for a while

The trend of Ruse taking in the best students will continue (because of reputation etc.)

wildchild666

HSC
Won't happen for a while

The trend of Ruse taking in the best students will continue (because of reputation etc.)
Pretty much this.

I think that when they do lose first place, though, that it will be to another selective school.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL
I'm not angry or anything.. I'm just interested to see what people think... To be honest, I'd rather go to a school like Sydney Grammar than Ruse...
Everyone has preferences. Personally I dont think it matters as long as you get what you want/need which can be done with hard work at almost any school.

When the school becomes more multicultural/diverse and is not 99% Asian anymore.
They get in because they're more devoted to their studies, and will get beat up if they dont make it :p

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty much this.

I think that when they do lose first place, though, that it will be to another selective school.
But, since Ruse has the best students out of all the selective schools then it would be hard for selective schools to overtake Ruse. I guess a selective school with smaller cohorts would have a big chance at doing so.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Ruse has been ranked 1st out of all New South Wales high schools in the 2011 Higher School Certificate for the 16th consecutive year since 1996
So the question is when will Ruse lose it's number 1 position in the HSC School Rankings?

Who will they lose their position to? Baulko? North Syd Boys? North Syd Girls? A selective school? A private / religious school?

I'd say Ruse would lose, if it ever happens, to a private school because private schools are able to form tiny cohorts which would boost their chances of getting a higher D.A %...What are your predictions?
LOL - khfreakau said they were getting worse every year.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I reckon Ruse will lose top place but I agree with slyhunter that it'll still be a while before that day comes.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
an institution with one student that gets straight band 6s

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
an institution with one student that gets straight band 6s
Haha, great idea ^. The model to beat Ruse:

- Cohort of minimal amount of people as allowed by the Board of Studies
- Ensuring that they all have tuition
- All students choosing the highest scaled subjects possible
- Becoming a basement asian

But in all seriousness, all it takes to beat Ruse is a cohort of students in a grade who enjoy their subjects against people who just study endlessly and work without thinking. Not that i'm saying everybody in Ruse does rote learning because I know some fine people there. My predictions: Ruse will be beaten eventually as people become more and more competitive.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha, great idea ^. The model to beat Ruse:

- Cohort of minimal amount of people as allowed by the Board of Studies
- Ensuring that they all have tuition
- All students choosing the highest scaled subjects possible
- Becoming a basement asian

But in all seriousness, all it takes to beat Ruse is a cohort of students in a grade who enjoy their subjects against people who just study endlessly and work without thinking. Not that i'm saying everybody in Ruse does rote learning because I know some fine people there. My predictions: Ruse will be beaten eventually as people become more and more competitive.
Doesn't matter about scaling as band 6s is the measurement for school rankings....
If the only student in a school got all band 6s in standard English, gen maffs, dance, drama, visual arts and food technology (easy band 6 subjects except for std english) then the DA is 100%

JRAHS14

HSC

2013 by Sydney Tech. No, but seriously, the ranking of the school is not that important it's the individual performance of the student that is important. If you work hard and achieve your best, you should be proud of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)