When is the correct time to start HSC past papers?? (1 Viewer)

DrDawn

HSC
N/A
So I wanted to start on HSC past papers for math, but I haven't learnt any of the year 12 content yet so I'm just confused when is the right time to start

If I start now I can answer questions from year 11 content but then I will have to go back to the paper to do the year 12 questions

Or would it be more beneficial to do prelim papers...?

Last edited:

DrDawn

HSC
N/A
Same goes with other subjects, since I am going topic by topic how am I supposed to do past papers (as I will be able to do only a few questions)

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
I think start with when, once you finished the first term of Y12 and answer questions from past papers that you had learnt in that term and, send it to your teachers and ask for feedback.

5uckerberg

HSC
Look time for some serious talk here, everyone is going to say completely different things from one another. I will just give my thoughts,

First off conquer the topic and upon completion of the topic in classwork find past paper questions relating to that topic and modify them. Envision yourself as a white blood cell getting vaccinated against different viruses. If one struggles ask your teacher or your classmates, if not Bored of Studies.

Plus, you can work on multiple similar topics and try to do past paper questions for them, modify them or try doing them. As you get confident with topics do the past HSC questions and max out your upgrades by doing past BOS Trials BOS refers to Bored of Studies Trial. This is the final boss of maths questions apparently, there might be more.

In addition, help others as well albeit if they are keen to improve themselves. Strengthens your knowledge and also stretches you as you have to understand it to a level where you can explain it to others with ease.

DrDawn

HSC
N/A
Look time for some serious talk here, everyone is going to say completely different things from one another. I will just give my thoughts,

First off conquer the topic and upon completion of the topic in classwork find past paper questions relating to that topic and modify them. Envision yourself as a white blood cell getting vaccinated against different viruses. If one struggles ask your teacher or your classmates, if not Bored of Studies.

Plus, you can work on multiple similar topics and try to do past paper questions for them, modify them or try doing them. As you get confident with topics do the past HSC questions and max out your upgrades BOS Trial BOS refers to Bored of Studies Trial. This is the final boss of maths questions apparently, there might be more.
Thanks for the advice, but what do you mean by modify? Also, how do I find past paper questions specifically for those topics?

uniqueusername1

HSC
So I wanted to start on HSC past papers for math, but I haven't learnt any of the year 12 content yet so I'm just confused when is the right time to start

If I start now I can answer questions from year 11 content but then I will have to go back to the paper to do the year 12 questions

Learn the stuff first. I tried doing papers before learning (or half learning) the stuff and realised it was a waste of time as I had to go back and properly learn it to do the questions.

5uckerberg

HSC
Thanks for the advice, but what do you mean by modify? Also, how do I find past paper questions specifically for those topics?
Change a few numbers mainly or find other similar questions. Finding past paper questions, THSC Online, AceHSC, NESA website, Bored of Studies.

uniqueusername1

HSC

Bro also don't worry too much for past papers for math. But, since your doing business and economics write essay plans from now orn topics you've learnt (do attempt essays from HSC). This is something many of us failed to do (we were all saved lol as trials were cancelled -otherwise we would of failed). Partially because we didn't write essay plans early off and sweated assessment task 3.

HSC
my 2u+3u math teacher got us to start doing past papers after one term of year 12. in 2u the old syllabus papers were out of 120 marks and I remember my totals used to be really low at first, like 40 or 50 out of 120 because we hadn't even learnt most of the topics yet. but it was still good exposure to get early on and it was cool seeing my marks progressively go up as we learnt more topics in class, I never felt it was a waste of time doing past papers and only being able to do some of it, esp if you nail the questions that reflect content you've been taught by that stage, so I reckon after one term of y12 you can try but* prior to that textbook q's would be good

DrDawn

HSC
N/A
Bro also don't worry too much for past papers for math. But, since your doing business and economics write essay plans from now or topics you've learnt (do attempt essays from HSC). This is something many of us failed to do (we were all saved lol as trials were cancelled -otherwise we would off failed). Partially because we didn't write essay plans early off and sweated assessment task 3.
So how is an essay plan structured like (is it mainly just statistics, or content)? Do you get essay questions from past papers or how does it work?

uniqueusername1

HSC
So how is an essay plan structured like (is it mainly just statistics, or content)? Do you get essay questions from past papers or how does it work?
Yea past papers. So do an intro then topic sentences (followed by each statistic, example etc... your using in each para).

Heres a list to get you started since you are probs doing topic 1 rn:
Topic 1:
1. Discuss the impact of globalisation and trade liberalisation on the global economy
2. Discuss the causes and effects of inequality in the global distribution of income and wealth
3. Discuss the advantages of free trade and the role of international organisations and free trade agreements in promoting trade in the global economy
4. Discuss the impact of globalisation on a country other than Australia
5. Evaluate the policies used to promote economic growth and economic development of a country other than Australia
6. Analyse the causes of different economic development stages
7. Discuss how globalisation has led to variations in the standard of living and differences in the level of development between nations
8. Assess the consequences on an unequal distribution of income and wealth
9. Analyse the reasons and impacts of protectionism on the global economy

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad

I would wait til Year 12 before attempting HSC papers. But what you can do, is ask your teacher to prepare a booklet/materials containing a selection of questions from papers that cover the relevant modules.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)