When Do we know which of our EAS claims are eligible? (1 Viewer)

yvettemaree47

HSC
UNSW gave me 8 for popular courses and 9 for anything else. Thank goodness! that'll give me plenty of room to get into the course i want. :)
Would like an offer from USYD but an a little worried about my chances with the Broadway Scheme.

Freakstyler09

HSC
UNSW gave me 8 for popular courses and 9 for anything else. Thank goodness! that'll give me plenty of room to get into the course i want. :)
Would like an offer from USYD but an a little worried about my chances with the Broadway Scheme.
how many points did other people get, I got around 5.

loler

HSC
Whats the bet that all these people that recieved EAS was because they got payments from Centrelink (or because this was one of the reasons they had in the application), cos that pretty much seals the deal with EAS, btw if one uni accepts ur application, than most likely all the others will as well because they all have the same criteria.

loler

HSC
pretty sure that UNSW, USYD, MACQ is generally 5, UTS is up to 10, and UWS id up to 15 if ur living in the greater western sydney region. they usually give u the max (especially if ur reason was financial difficuly and your evidence was centrelink payments and confirmation from centrelink).

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Just got a letter from UNSW saying i got extra points through the ACCESS scheme sayign i got an extra 4 points (my school is a priority school).

Is that the same thing as EAS?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Just got a letter from UNSW saying i got extra points through the ACCESS scheme sayign i got an extra 4 points (my school is a priority school).

Oh yeah 4 extra points with 99.00 is so important

Thecorey0

HSC

EAS = ACCESS at UNSW, just like EAS = broadyway at USYD.

Don't/didn't you go to a relatively decent school, i.e. ranked quite highly? It seems quite weird that a decently ranked school in Sydney would be a priority school, let alone a 4-pointer. I was under the impression that only extremely isolated schools like that at Tibooburra and Ivanhoe got 4-5 points.

g4geexa

HSC
At USyd, the do not let you qualify for more than 1 scheme. So you only get one form of bonus points there. I am not sure about UNSW though.

Also, EAS + Other Flexible entries do not guarantee you a place, even if you make and/or beat the cut off. My Careers adviser made this very clear to me after he rang up some admissions staff from different unis. So, do not count on 'flexible entry' making it into your course.

By all means, put it in your first preference, but don't leave the other 8 slots empty or you've shot yourself down!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)