when do we get our pips back? (1 Viewer)

kylie_robbo

What would be the use of the markers giving a feedback sheet? No one in their right mind is going to re-do it and submit it in hope of a better mark! What a complete waste of time! (and energy, and ink, and coffee...)

mishka

HSC
N/A
KylieR said:
What would be the use of the markers giving a feedback sheet? No one in their right mind is going to re-do it and submit it in hope of a better mark! What a complete waste of time! (and energy, and ink, and coffee...)
um... I'm sorry??!! :eek: it was just something I heard, and anyway, it's like an assessment. People like knowing where the marks were gained/lost. The use of it would be to acknowledge the strengths and weaknesses of each individual PIP, not to thrust it back with no recognition.

I was just stating what I had heard in my post, not suggesting it, although it would be sort of nice to get SOME feedback on something we had to work on for 9 months!!

Last edited:

mishka

HSC
N/A
has anyone gone up to get their PIPs??? i'm going to school this arvo for some last minute encouragement for english, and i'm thinking of going to pick mine up... if it's there!!! :)

J

jhakka

I didn't expect it to get done so quickly.

I'll get mine some time during the exams. Prolly after English.

mishka

HSC
N/A
well i'm not entirely sure if they are back yet, but i read somewhere they would be back at our schools this week... maybe i'm going loco...

HSC
yeah my teacher has my pip right now but i haven't picked it up yet, im gonna pick it up after m mathematics exam on monday....but R U SERIOUS WE DONT GET OUR MARK!!!!

that fucking sucks, i don't want my pip back if it doesn't have a mark on it i've got a copy of it at home anyway lol...

bloody bullshit!

stupid pip markers, they better give me a good mark because i crammed 28 pages worth of work into one month haha...and it was good too...

makes me think if i actually started when i was meant to i would of blown them away

mwahahaha im up myself :)

mishka

HSC
N/A
just thought i'd update you all on the PIP situation... apparently our school has not received the PIPs back yet. i went up last friday and today and still no sign of PIPs.

however, on wednesday's english test, the engineering studies (i think it was them anyway) were advised that their "log books" were back!!

how rude!! ;)

mishka

HSC
N/A
that's true.. but at least it will be extra material to keep the fire going longer!!

i didn't get to see my PIP all bound and everything, so i want to see what it looks like before i add it to the list of things to burn!! :)

AngelSG86

How come some schools got em back before holidays but we still haven't got ours? I checked with my teacher on thursday and she reckoned the PIPS wouldn't have been marked yet. So there's no way we'll have them back until at least the S&C exam, maybe even later.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Depends on the area I guess. I got mine back at week 10 Term 3, last year.

mishka

HSC
N/A
my sister came home today and said that my society teacher had told her that my PIP is back!! hooray!! i've got cafs tomorrow, so i'll go and pick it up then!! :)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
hehehe, you will probably find your PIP like the day you handed it. :)

ChRiS_2004

OUR PIPS ARE BACK FOR AMBARVALE HIGH SCHOOL... i could wait to see my pip. For working so long on it and then to see it again i was happy. Well i dont kow but it is a bit late now but can you guys give feed back on what you think i would get based on theme and topic question.

Mine was
IS THIS THE REAL LIFE?
IS THIS JUST FANTASY?
THE REPRESENTATION OF HOMOSEXUALITY IN THE AUSTRALIAN TELEVISION MEDIA.

I incorporated a theme of time travel into it to infuse the cross cultural element of generational views. Is that original and would it get pretty good marks? maybe over 25. I did 64 pages. That includes all title pages, a collage and two pages for a mini intro to the "gay mobile", the time machine for the journey into the representational views in decades of the 70, 90s and now. Also used a concluding little statement about the journey that they experienced int he time machine was over.
i hope i did well. I thought i put alot of thought and effort into it. Well good luck with the exam and our pip results. LOVE CHRIS.

mishka

HSC
N/A
jhakka said:
Mine will be bound, and it wasn't bound when I handed it in. :)
same here!! :p mine arrived back in original condition - rather scary if you think about it... who knows if someone has actually read it?? ;)
i think i'll end up keeping mine, i put too much work into it to add it to the bonfire pile!!

Tammie

hey guys... do you know how we get the P.I.P mark and the exam mark together there is a way (i think) to get ur raw P.I.P mark back...i'm going to ask lazarus(cant spell) coz he got his raw exam marks back when he did the HSC by applying to the board of studies.....i'll post a thing in his forum and ask if we can....i know i would like to c what mark i got 4 it after so much effort...even thou it turned out pretty bad

Would n e of u's b interested in getting the raw P.I.P mark u got?

*Erika*

HSC
"I did 64 pages"

my teacher who's been a head marker for pips over the last few years made us take out all our title pages (not the first one of course) and all the unnessecary stuff, he said that it just annoys the markers and breaks it up too much, so it isn't "synthesised" or something...but if its all quality i guess it won't matter :)

i did my whole pip in 3 days, a case study on my brother who has a learning disorder, my teacher marked all ours and i got 28, could not believe it...anyways, good luck everyone :)

J

jhakka

I don't know if I should donate mine to the school for future Society and Culture classes... Hmm...

winicat

HSC
Survivor39 said:
There is one prize for each categories of topic of PIPs:
The Popular Culture Prize
The Gender Prize
The Legal Prize
The Studies of Asia Prize
The Civic and Citizenship Prize
The Reconciliation Prize
i can't even work ou what my PIP would come under "The HSC and Female Students". i guess "gender" but it totally doesn't matter cause i didn't get a later and i haven't dared to get my PIP off of my teacher lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)