When do we get our finalised timetables? (1 Viewer)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Hi,

Just curious as to when we get our final timetables?

Also, UTS auto changed my timetable and now I have two things on at once. e.g. a cmp and lec on at same time for the same section of a subject. Is this okay?

ShinjAngel

HSC
Uni Grad
Can't you change your timetable using My Subject Activities? Not too sure about "final" timetables. It seems you can just change your timetable whenever. Maybe you can't after census date? Definitely ask at O-week next week.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
The timetable you make in my subject activities is final, they'll put in the class room numbers or what not later if they haven't already done so.

Not too sure about your subject, which subject is it? and if the timetable isn't showing a clash I would assume its ok?

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
The timetable you make in my subject activities is final, they'll put in the class room numbers or what not later if they haven't already done so.

Not too sure about your subject, which subject is it? and if the timetable isn't showing a clash I would assume its ok?
Is there a specific date where you can no longer change your timetable? is it the census date? 30th March?

The subject is communication for IT professionals. The dates are different though. One is on 29/2 and the other is on 7/3 - 28/3, 25/4-30/5 so I guess they alternate between the weeks. Looks like I only have 1 lec for it then on the 29/2

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Is there a specific date where you can no longer change your timetable? is it the census date? 30th March?
Timetable I would say you get about a week after it starts, before the tutes start up, this is to change tutes and what not, after that I think they don't let you change classes, you have to get it done through the subject head usually or through an e-request, you need a very good reason though.

You can however drop a subject before the census date, that's about it.

The subject is communication for IT professionals. The dates are different though. One is on 29/2 and the other is on 7/3 - 28/3, 25/4-30/5 so I guess they alternate between the weeks. Looks like I only have 1 lec for it then on the 29/2
Yeah CITP is like that, it's just the same class which is 3 hrs, I'm also doing it this semester, put it off for a year because I couldn't fit it into my timetable last year.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Timetable I would say you get about a week after it starts, before the tutes start up, this is to change tutes and what not, after that I think they don't let you change classes, you have to get it done through the subject head usually or through an e-request, you need a very good reason though.

You can however drop a subject before the census date, that's about it.

Yeah CITP is like that, it's just the same class which is 3 hrs, I'm also doing it this semester, put it off for a year because I couldn't fit it into my timetable last year.
Ohk, thanks. What textbooks do I need to buy? I've heard I only really need to buy one for programming fundamentals. The rest are just work booklets that can be bought from the coop book shop?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Ohk, thanks. What textbooks do I need to buy? I've heard I only really need to buy one for programming fundamentals. The rest are just work booklets that can be bought from the coop book shop?
They'll tell you if you need any, but yes what you said is correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)