When do the EAS points get added to the ATAR? (finished HSC) (1 Viewer)

MysteryMoon

HSC
I wanted to get into a particular course with ATAR cut-off 83.75 so when I added the bonus points to my ATAR, I got 83.55 which is only 0.25 below which sucks.
I already applied for EAS so I was hoping it could help add additional points to boost my ATAR, but does anyone know when or how it gets added?

Flop21

HSC
You'll never know how many eas points you get. Just apply for your courses like usual and hope that you have enough to get the course you want.

I've heard you can ring the uni/s and they can see how many, but I'm not sure WHEN we can do this.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Gets added by the Uni as part of the ranking process of applicants.

samaccount123

HSC
I think in general, we all aren't allowed to see exactly the amount of EAS points we would actually get when applying. We only can have a really close guess as to how much we will get, because it depends on all the factors/ questions that they asks you and how much you've actually put INTO the EAS form and how your circumstance/s would have either have an adv/dis advantage in gaining points or not at all.

It all depends on how good your application is...

But yeah, in terms of.. like, WHEN they'll actually ADD it on.. I THINK they just add it on a few days/weeks before the round offers are released (Main round.. final round etc), BUT I think they disclose EAS points to the public because they don't want people to find loopholes or "hack" their way into gaining points for other future HSC students/ HSC'ers.

Though you could just call uac and they'll probably tell you, but I doubt they'll tell you.

All in all, you could actually kind of estimate how much you'll get anyways... use google and your research on the EAS guide/instructions and you should be able to find out how much you'd prob get.

ta ;)

hope i helped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)