When do sup results come out??? (1 Viewer)

Princeps_

HSC
so yeah when do they get released?

BTW when do we start uni??

thx

Last edited:

zkuld

newblet
HSC
I've heard from another faculty that they come out no later than Week 2. I'm assuming it'll be similar for all faculties too.

Uni starts tomorrow for the vast majority. I start on Tuesday though, because I'm not doing maths this semester :D

Princeps_

HSC
luky one, likely to do 1131......................................again.

zkuld

newblet
HSC
Atleast you have the chance to ace it this time :D

While we're on the topic, if you fail a subject and repeat it do both real marks (e.g. 45% for the first try and a 80% for the 2nd try) show up on your academic record and go towards your WAM? or will it just count as a fail for the first try and a pass mark of 50% for the second try despite getting 80%?

gman03

HSC
zkuld said:
Atleast you have the chance to ace it this time :D

While we're on the topic, if you fail a subject and repeat it do both real marks (e.g. 45% for the first try and a 80% for the 2nd try) show up on your academic record and go towards your WAM? or will it just count as a fail for the first try and a pass mark of 50% for the second try despite getting 80%?
It depends on your school.

For example in EE, we are explicitly told (by means of the disorganised webpage) that the FIRST mark is used for calculation of our DEGREE WAM and subsequent marks are ignored. If we fail a subject, the second and subsequences attempt are there to satisfy prerequistes of other courses.

As for the academic record... I want to know that myself too!

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
gman03 said:
in EE, we are explicitly told (by means of the disorganised webpage) that the FIRST mark is used for calculation of our DEGREE WAM and subsequent marks are ignored.
Really?
I would've thought they would take into account both attempts at the subject in calcualting the degree WAM since both marks would be on your transcript, wouldn't they?

Ah, but since you were told by the school...then that's kinda gay.
What's the point of studying hard and getting 90 in a subject on your second attempt if it doesn't amount to anything?

zkuld

newblet
HSC
The results should be back soon.

The emailed said: The results will be given out to you as soon as we receive them. We have received the following: ... CVEN1023 (STATICS!!)

Where's my mark?? lol

gman03

HSC
jay2000 said:
What's the point of studying hard and getting 90 in a subject on your second attempt if it doesn't amount to anything?
The point to do the second time is to make sure you understand the course to a satisfactory level. Maybe aiming for 90 motivates you this time. Besides if a student repeatively do the course just to get 100 in the transcript, whats are the ethics in that?

zkuld said:
The results should be back soon.

The emailed said: The results will be given out to you as soon as we receive them. We have received the following: ... CVEN1023 (STATICS!!)

Where's my mark?? lol
Check myUNSW, they should have updated your marks and grades (hopefully)

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
gman03 said:
if a student repeatively do the course just to get 100 in the transcript
lol :)

here are some words for the 10 character limit

zkuld

newblet
HSC
gman03 said:
The point to do the second time is to make sure you understand the course to a satisfactory level. Maybe aiming for 90 motivates you this time. Besides if a student repeatively do the course just to get 100 in the transcript, whats are the ethics in that?

Check myUNSW, they should have updated your marks and grades (hopefully)
nope still not updated :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)