when are UNI holidays? (1 Viewer)

L

LaraB

s1mplykat said:
im planning to go to thailand during uni holidays, can someone tell me when april holidays commence and end?
the April break if from 23 - 30 - it's only a week... it's only a mid semester break so it's not "uni holidays" per se - usually you get given assignments etc to do that are due the week or 2 after the break so you'll have those to do during the break....

all the info on dates are here: http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/dateline/2007

s1mplykat

HSC
LaraB said:
the April break if from 23 - 30 - it's only a week... it's only a mid semester break so it's not "uni holidays" per se - usually you get given assignments etc to do that are due the week or 2 after the break so you'll have those to do during the break....

all the info on dates are here: http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/dateline/2007
oh alright, thanks Lara B. and i thought i could go for two weeks, allwells.. better then no sem break at all i suppose... =]

Optophobia

HSC
Holidays at Uni suck, in that i don't think they are aligned with school holidays (except the ones at the end of the year).

j_davo24

HSC
Optophobia said:
Holidays at Uni suck, in that i don't think they are aligned with school holidays (except the ones at the end of the year).
Which is great because if you want to go away you don't have to pay the inflated prices that they charge during school holidays.

L

LaraB

j_davo24 said:
Which is great because if you want to go away you don't have to pay the inflated prices that they charge during school holidays.
and you aren't surrounded by couples dragging along a troupe of under 5's everywhere you go lol

L

LaraB

s1mplykat said:
haha, true.. although a week is just so short. i wouldnt be completly screwed if i missed out on 3extra days of uni would i?
possibly... because often they make assessments due the week after break or they start new topics and exam content usually is more concentrated on the later weeks of semester...

best to not take any time off in ur 1st semester just til you get more or an idea of the structure and trends of your course

s1mplykat

HSC
LaraB said:
possibly... because often they make assessments due the week after break or they start new topics and exam content usually is more concentrated on the later weeks of semester...

best to not take any time off in ur 1st semester just til you get more or an idea of the structure and trends of your course
kk thanks, guess i shall postpone my travel plans if i want to be overseas for over a week.

j_davo24

HSC
s1mplykat said:
kk thanks, guess i shall postpone my travel plans if i want to be overseas for over a week.
Wait until the July break, that's about a month plenty of time to go overseas if you want.

s1mplykat

HSC
j_davo24 said:
Wait until the July break, that's about a month plenty of time to go overseas if you want.
2 July- (Vacation) 2nd Research Session commences 2 July
Inter session break and 2nd Half Year (2H) Session commence 2 July
9 July- (Vacation)
16 July- (*Vacation) Census date for Quarter 3 Session, 20 July
23 July- (*Vacation) Inter session break finishes 27 July
30 July- 1 Spring Session commences 30 July

you mean this july break?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)