when are assessment ranks released? (1 Viewer)

addoil

HSC
on student online it says 'on the day of the last written HSC exam'

does this mean nov. 8??

and what time?

EDIT:
With english, is the final hsc mark that's released out of 100 or 105?
same with maths.. 100 or 120?

Last edited:

addoil

HSC
to confirm whether they're right or not..

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
We already know ours are we not meant to?
If I recall correctly, this is more or less a procedure steeped in officialdom.

In many cases, schools provide students with their ranks in their final reports so in the end, releasing the ranks doesn't really mean much.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Everyone knows what their internals SHOULD be but not what was submitted to BOS. The purpose of releasing ranks was to allow students to CHECK their rank.
..............? Why would the school send off a different rank to what they told you after trials (or after the last assessment) - or in your report?

I think you're getting mixed up how you're not supposed to know your assessment MARK, my co-ordinator always stressed that we are not able to know the MARK, but to know your rank....

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
..............? Why would the school send off a different rank to what they told you after trials (or after the last assessment) - or in your report?

I think you're getting mixed up how you're not supposed to know your assessment MARK, my co-ordinator always stressed that we are not able to know the MARK, but to know your rank....
lolwat I know my assessment mark that was sent in.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad

Obviously, mistakes CAN happen and so, they give you a CHECKING process. I'm not getting mixed up with anything.

deswa1

HSC
Obviously, mistakes CAN happen and so, they give you a CHECKING process. I'm not getting mixed up with anything.
This. You'll never find out your actual mark that they submitted to BOS (I guess your teacher can tell you but they're not really meant to). Checking is like a failsafe device

Demise

HSC
This. You'll never find out your actual mark that they submitted to BOS (I guess your teacher can tell you but they're not really meant to). Checking is like a failsafe device
So are we checking our internal marks sent in or our ranks?

addoil

HSC
so anybody know when they are actually released on the 8th?

HSC
My deputy showed me mine (that were on the drafted BoardOS lists for candidates) so I'm happy with mine.

They're released after the last exam in the arvo.

*she showed me to confirm my ranks for scholarship appln

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
so anybody know when they are actually released on the 8th?
Usually from 4pm.

This page explains what the ranks notice is: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/yourhsc/assessment-rank-order-notice.html

What is my Assessment Rank Order notice?
After all HSC examinations have been completed, Students Online will provide you with your assessment rank order within each of your courses at your school. Your rank order is calculated from your assessment results in each of the courses you studied.

What can I do if I think there is a mistake relating to my rank order?
If you feel that your rank in any course is incorrect, you should contact your school as soon as possible. If necessary, you can apply to your school principal for a review. There is no provision for a review of the actual marks awarded for assessment tasks. Further details about reviews and appeals are on the assessment appeal form which can be obtained from your school.

What is an Assessment Rank Appeal to the Board?
If you are dissatisfied with the result of your school review of your course assessment rankings you can appeal to the Board against the decision. The Board then decides if the correct weightings were used, whether the school followed its own assessment program and that there were no clerical errors. If the appeal is upheld, the Board refers the matter back to the school for further review.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)