Whats your performance standard? (1 Viewer)

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Maybe as a guideline, an AMEB qualification or something, just interested to know how good you guys doing music are.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Bleh, failed amus earlier in the year.

You did amus a couple of years ago?? When did you start, have you done the lmus?

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
i got my amus when i was 15 :p
it was my second go, but i got there.. i was so stressed out in the exam though (cause id been studying for and playing those pieces for 1.5 years)

lmus - hell no! i dont have nearly enough time to be practising and studying for that! i was glad i got the amus out of the way whilst i was still in the younger years of highschool - less work to do.
i tell people that i might do the lmus when i finish the hsc. really depends what i get into uni for. im pretty sure i wont do music at uni though cause theres no money in piano performing.. (my forte) im hoping to get into journalism, but if i end up leaving off uni for a couple of years (if i dont get it! :p) then id probably do it in 2 years or something.. but i dont know..

lol.. well that was a long and rambling answer (sorry - freaking out about 4 unit, but procrastinating to take my mind off it...)

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
You have to be really good at performance to earn anything, especially for piano as you can't get into an orchestra :p.

Ye I should of done the A.mus earlier, but I started piano in yr 7, a little bit of a rush to do it early.

BTW, L.mus doesn't look THAT different from the A.mus exam. I hate theory!!!

I'll probably do the A.mus again after hsc if uni isn't too much work.

15 is pretty early to do A.mus, well done.

lemonade

thanks enak :)

u started piano in year 7? then ur doing pretty good to be where you are now!!

mum started me off when i was 4 (i was pretty much just playing songs that comprised entirely of middle C and semibreves) but i started getting lessons from a proper teacher when i was 6

music and english is pretty much what defines me, its who i am. (sorry if this sounds melodramatic, its getting late and my eng ext 2 MW is stressing me out)

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
hehe, good luck in english ext2

Ye, I started in year 7 with 4th grade :p, skipped all the earlier ones, I don't know how I passed that exam, started in march, exam in november, managed a B pass! :D

I should of started earlier :(

Music (arts) maths (science) and money (commerce/finance) defines me :D, the 3 M's :D:D:D

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Journalism isn't bad, lot's of travelling, that good.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by lemonade
i love to travel :D and i love english too :)
people say i should be a music journalist :p
That would be a very niche market job, but it would be really good, go around the world, listen to top performers play and top conductors conduct. Im kinda disappointed that I missed out on Vladimir Askenazy perform at Carnegie Hall earlier this year, we had to leave NY a few weeks before he performed there :(

lemonade

Originally posted by enak
That would be a very niche market job, but it would be really good, go around the world, listen to top performers play and top conductors conduct. Im kinda disappointed that I missed out on Vladimir Askenazy perform at Carnegie Hall earlier this year, we had to leave NY a few weeks before he performed there :(
ah.. Russians..

I'd get free tickets to go listen to music all the time.. I'd have to say to people, 'sorry, i have to work.. i have to go to a really expensive opera tonite..' yay! would be so fun :D (these thoughts are what is keeping me through the hsc - lol)

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Yes it would be fun :) the 'work' is really hard mum ;) I won't be able to stay tonight! hahaha

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
I did L.mus when I was 15, and A.mus when I was 12.

Ashkenazy is performing this week at the Opera House, if I'm not mistaken. Otherwise it's next week, or it could have been last week.

I'm seeing Eugene Onegin this week! :D

Dangar

Gosh im glad i read this after i did my exam! Now i feel crap, you guys are all so good. I did seventh grade last year and i will do eighth grade next yr hopefully, cos i didn't want to do it during the hsc.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Originally posted by lemonade
you just had to come and beat me didn't you! lol
u must've been the child prodigy type?...
what instrument did you get lmus on?
lol

I just love it, no progidity involved. I play the piano. yourself?

cakes

hi
HSC
i finished 8th grade a few years ago.... never got around to doin amus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)