What's your job and how much you earn? (2 Viewers)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
danielvh said:
Job: Management Consultant (Intern)
Pay: >$1000/week (and they're taking us on a 3 day paid retreat next week :D)
not bad pay at all for an intern. How many hours per week do you work though (honestly)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I would have no idea what to do with that much money.

Move out, I suppose. That'd eat a fair bit of it.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
scarybunny said:
I would have no idea what to do with that much money.

Move out, I suppose. That'd eat a fair bit of it.
"Save it" would be the obvious answer. In a 4/5 years when he's buying a house he'll have money saved up that he could use to greatly decrease his interest repayments. He could also play those savings in the stock market, or go for term deposits whilst it's not in use

Don't forget that you also lose quite a bit of that $1k on tax.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I'd probably blow it all on a holiday in Europe.

I'm going to be very very poor one day. Living in a box, when it's unacceptable for me to be living with my parents.

danielvh

HSC
stazi said:
not bad pay at all for an intern. How many hours per week do you work though (honestly)
It varies greatly depending on project workload. Anywhere from 35 to 60. Average I'd say is around 45-50.

Money is going to be completely blown this year and next. Off to the UK in late September for student exchange for a year in the UK.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
danielvh said:
It varies greatly depending on project workload. Anywhere from 35 to 60. Average I'd say is around 45-50.

Money is going to be completely blown this year and next. Off to the UK in late September for student exchange for a year in the UK.
ouch. 10 hour days sound crazy. 12 hour days are even more insane. unless of course you're working weekends, which is also pretty gay. I guess it does justify the pay at internship level, though.

danielvh

HSC
stazi said:
ouch. 10 hour days sound crazy. 12 hour days are even more insane. unless of course you're working weekends, which is also pretty gay. I guess it does justify the pay at internship level, though.
nah, not doing any weekends. And the days aren't bad at all. I'm doing very very interesting work in addition to working along some great people (both in terms of personalities and in terms of how smart they are).

stazi

Nightman
HSC
up to 12 hour days though, dude. regardless of which way you spin it, that's insane. I love my work too, but still, that many hours would leech away at your social life after a while. Even working 9:30am-6pm leaves me really tired when i come home, and lacking motivation to even play video games.

o7nesss

Behind that Tree
HSC
Pharmacy Assistant
$12/h + lots of free stuff (ie. make up, creams +more :D)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)