Whats your fav decade of music? (1 Viewer)

Fav decade of music

• Classical

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 20's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60's

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • 70's

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • 80's

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • 90's

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • NOW

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • All are good

Votes: 13 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spell check

HSC
you can't be serious

the pixies
sonic youth
talking heads
tom waits
prince
de la soul
beastie boys
public enemy
michael jackson
the smiths
... etc

killing bad hard rock was a good thing

and how can you say that the 80s had more shitty disposable pop than the 90s?

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
80's were awesome - you had the birth of hip hop, the emergence of pretty much all the metal genres that WEREN'T SHIT, ACDC rocked in the 80's too :D

spiny norman

HSC
Led-Zep said:
wat other decade could produce such fantastic music acts like bon jovi,wham, phil collins, the police, cyndie lauper,
Here's your first problem: The Police and Cyndi Lauper are undoubtedly great music acts.

it also destroyed heavy metal with its creation of hair metal and glam rock.
Here's your second problem: Glam Rock started in the early 70s, with David Bowie, T Rex, Roxy Music, Lou Reed etc. From it punk is said to have arose, and from there came New Wave. Is New Wave what you meant? If you did, again you are mistaken in saying that it is bad: Adam Ant alone prevents this from being the case.

That said, I voted for the 60s. Then the 80s, 70s, the 90s, then 50s, then the 00s.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
as good of a reply u gave spiny norman, saying that the police and cyndie lauper are great music acts makes me wonder of ur music tastes. oh and punk was formed in the 70's with the ramones followed by sec pistols after them. oh and the david bowie thing, that aint glam rock, its called something else but i know its not called glam rock. and spell check i didnt say 80's were worse than 90's i dont like either decades. and no ACDC did not rock in the 80's. sure the black album was good but after that they went shit. they were good in the 70's with bon scott, and prob shouldve stopped after he died. their music started to be repetitive durin the 80's with the same type of heavy riff sounds, unlike their earlier stuff which had blues, and hard rock and many other styles. But yes the 80's ruined many artists, with the same tone that every metal band had durin that time, the "Brown" tone that van halen invented. seriously every solo u heard in the 80's was exactly the same. i mean even clapton went bad, except for his journeyman album in 89.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
SashatheMan, jazz was formed around the 20's as a sub genre of the blues, which was big in the 30's-40's as swing jazz formed. then in 50's rock was "formed" even though many black blues musicians were playin the same type of music, just Elvis stole it and the way he sang and danced. then in 60's hard blues, clapton-jeff beck. etc. to physcadelic blues/rock cream, hendrix, pink floyd, to hard rock in 70's, zeppelin, queen, deep purple, acdc. and so on etc...

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
well i say 80's ALL the way, like Talking Heads, Blondie, Cyndi Laupe, Concrete Blonde, Leonard Cohen. But 70's & 60's are good too. But the 80's is the best!

GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN!!!! - Cyndi Laupe

WE'RE ON A ROAD TO NOWHERE!! - Talking Heads

BLOODLETTING - Concrete Blonde

FIRST WE TAKE MANHATTAN - Leonard Cohen

Sorry, just love my music!!!:D

GretaGarbo

HSC
N/A
Anyone who's ever played GTA: Vice City would have to say 80s.

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
90's because it had better music then today. :uhhuh:

slip

HSC
i think many of my favourite records come from different periods.

marley, hendrix, janes addiction, rhcp, oasis, nirvana etc

so from that point of view late 80s through to mid 90s

like 87 to 97 so many good albums

blood sugar sex magik and nevermind both in 91 has to make 1991 an awesome year

spiny norman

HSC
Led-Zep said:
as good of a reply u gave spiny norman, saying that the police and cyndie lauper are great music acts makes me wonder of ur music tastes.
Different to yours, clearly.

oh and punk was formed in the 70's with the ramones followed by sec pistols after them.
I realise punk arose in the 70s, I never actually specified when it came along. However, a very loose timeline would say Early 70s: Glam, Mid 70s: Punk, Late 70s/Early 80s: New Wave. Hence my saying that New Wave may be what you meant by Glam Rock...

oh and the david bowie thing, that aint glam rock, its called something else but i know its not called glam rock.
...because David Bowie is glam rock. The entire Ziggy Stardust persona is the heart of glam rock. This is glam, and I have no idea what else you could think it to be.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
true all decades have their ups and downs, while the 70's had Zeppelin,Queen,ACDC,Kiss,Deep purple,Black Sabbath,The Eagles, Clapton, etc there were many others that sucked ass. honestly cant remember any but surely some of u can think of some. my point is yes even in the best decades of music, my opinon 60-70's there were plenty of shit bands and music.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
as if i am the only one to vote for classical

i am disappointed with all of you for your musical superficiality
go and repent

adcarson

HSC
I reckon 80's and 90's are both good, producing guns & roses, Accadacca, nirvana etc. their probably the best

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)