• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What's with this pamphlet crap "SO YOUR CHILD IS GOING TO UNI" (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
What the hell is this?

It gets addressed to me, but talks to my parents. God are we incapable of reading this stuff? I felt like kindergarten again (which was beautiful)

Yes I'm probably ranting, but coming home, working from 8:30-5:30 to get a damn income going and not even getting addressed to when it comes to my future gave me the shits.

Yes I've become a city worker snob.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Don't worry, it never changes, my uni seems to think we're uncapable of re-enrolling without them sending us information on it.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
my mum almost cried like she was sending me off to school when i was in kindergarten. it was so funny. but yeah the questions were really pointless and they should have just addressed it to us or just give a guide to the uni offers process. my mum already knew all that

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Did anyone else receive an invitation in that same pack asking to attend info day an hour early to get there before everyone else an hour earlier to talk to lecturers and have a free breakfast?

Acid

HSC
acmilan said:
Did anyone else receive an invitation in that same pack asking to attend info day an hour early to get there before everyone else an hour earlier to talk to lecturers and have a free breakfast?
Yep - it's all a wank to make us feel special...

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
hmmm i got a letter saying "congratulations on your sucess and we are delighted that you have included the university of sydney in your UAC preferences"
do people who got like a uai of around the 60s just not get a letter at all?

mishka

HSC
N/A
hahaha i got four letters today!! FOUR!!

and didn't i feel so special?? but i think looking at the courses online is a lot more less confronting - i think you can make better decisions without the pressure of the unis. :)

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i got 4!!!!!!!!! a uac, bos, usyd and unsw. i felt special till i heard i missed out on the breakfast. bugger. i can make a better breakfast myself i think. *runs off and cries*

shoelace

mahaha.. *runs after him*
i feel rather dejected too actually. i got the usyd stuff but nothin from unsw

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i got the breakfast thing...i wonder wat the criteria is for it?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
i got uac, bos, usyd, uws, unsw but unsw was just promoting how good their engineering course is.

Cab31

HSC
yeah i got that breakfast thing as well saying 'beat the crowd' for the info. It seems like they sent it to a lot of ppl so it kind of defeats the purpose of 'beating' whatever crowd of ppl they think they are gonna get... never the less i love getting mail so i wasnt complaining!

Plebeian

I went to a breakfast before the last open day at USyd (Live Day in August). Basically they just served us muffins and then sent us in to a lecture about scholarships, which I think any member of the public could see later on in the day anyway. But free food, so meh. USyd sent me some invitation to an afternoon tea with deans and stuff, but I'll be on holidays :( Those events are always over-rated anyway, you get hardly any time to actually talk to anyone and get answers out of them...

= Jennifer =

HSC
so your child is going to uni pamphlet reminded me of the simpsons episode where homer gets the pamphlet so your going to die...

i got 5 pieces of mail yesterday:

usyd, bos, uac, uws, uws (they sent me two of the same)

Plebeian

= Jennifer = said:
uws, uws (they sent me two of the same)
The Science faculty at USyd mailed me their overview of Science courses booklet, because I have science as my first preference. Isn't that a bit counter-intuitive? I would assume that most people would do a little research before actually putting in a preference ... because the uni spams me with all this paper at every opportunity, I already have six copies of this booklet and they have seen fit to mail me another one :rolleyes:.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Techie said:
The Science faculty at USyd mailed me their overview of Science courses booklet, because I have science as my first preference. Isn't that a bit counter-intuitive? I would assume that most people would do a little research before actually putting in a preference ... because the uni spams me with all this paper at every opportunity, I already have six copies of this booklet and they have seen fit to mail me another one :rolleyes:.
6. I only have 4 :( Lol its funny though, especially if you wanna do environmental science.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)