Whats UWS like? (1 Viewer)

L

LaraB

forceblade said:
lol srry i am jsut worried, no offence to UWS but i dont want to go to a Uni where they jsut have classrooms like in highschool i am looking forward to lecture halls ever since i saw them in the movies
after your first lecture in one you'll wanna have classrooms back:p

those little desks are a bitch to write on plus if you get stuck in a lectuyre wit rude people its soooo hard to hear... whereas in small lectures, usually people aren't rude n talk thru ir or anything coz they get picked out real easy:p

forceblade

HSC
LaraB said:
i don't understand this desperate need al ot of HSC students have to have the stereotypical, albeit AMERICAN NOT AUSTRALIAN image of uni..

huge lecture halls are a lot worse for some people because you can't ask questions, often its hard to see the notes - lecture notes off webct help but sometimes there's extra stuff...plus you have those annoyingglittle 'tables'...

smaller lectures i reckon are better - some of mine had like...60 peopel to start with.. which dwindled to 20 as people got lazy coz it was a 9am lecture - but it was awesome coz she was really friendly and you could ask questions and she'd go back and repeat stuff or go into more detail if you needed..

plus she gave us lollies at the end of the semester haha :p
wow lollies!!! :D ^^ lol i dunno why i want huge lecture halls blame globalisation and the american culture... damn americans...

Last edited:

forceblade

HSC
by the way if i do business(property) at blacktown can i also do business ( marketing) together? cause i dont want to finish my first topic then go back and do another 3 yrs at marketing

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I hate those big lecture halls, it sometimes feels like your climbing mount everest just to get a good seat so you can see the stuff on the projector.

We have never really needed one of those large lecture halls, only for first year when there was about 5 different courses doing the same subject, but now, its usually about 40 - 60 people in each class, which is actually a good size.

UWS -
friendly people
great lecturers - they make lectures & tutes fun & interactive, always helpful! they are nice - more like a friend than a lecturer
facilities are good - although from the outside it doesnt look too modern.
The library - BIG, i like how they now have those couches in the group area. OH yeh.. Library - lots of computers w/ more in the computer labs. Oh and lots of books :D
And.. cafe and bar, Although the Cafe & Bar at Parra needs to be bigger. Does anyone know if they are going to open the upstairs to the Bar??

Last edited by a moderator:

klh

HSC
teh upstaris in teh bar, river bar yes? there resides the student association offices, so its open but for poeple who ned to ask the association something, not for leisure...

L

LaraB

i wrote this in another thread but i think it's relevant here too coz you guys all sounds a little confused about what you can and can't do for actual courses... so.... frmo the other thread:

here's the link for all current/2006 undergrad. courses: http://www.uws.edu.au/studyoptions/...te/courselist#5

if it's not there then its not offered...

as far as i can see there is no such course at uws... you may be thinking of another uni?

klh

HSC
there si not such thing, but there are masters by coursework, which is basically like a bachelor degree, doing units and not research and takes 1.5-2 yrs to complete. Majors will porbably suit you better though...since you havent picked any electives yet lol...
Majors are a defined area of study or something to that extent, if you meet the prerequisites, i.e. say you do property and they also meet the requirements to enrol in other marketing units e.g. stats for biz is a prereq., than you do them and you can get a major in marketing or whatever major you want.

forceblade

HSC
LaraB said:
i wrote this in another thread but i think it's relevant here too coz you guys all sounds a little confused about what you can and can't do for actual courses... so.... frmo the other thread:

here's the link for all current/2006 undergrad. courses: http://www.uws.edu.au/studyoptions/...te/courselist#5

if it's not there then its not offered...

as far as i can see there is no such course at uws... you may be thinking of another uni?
ugh...damn uni is confusing lol, thx for all ur help i am gona call up UWS and see if i can get them to sent me booklets about the courses

klh

HSC
those booklets are just overviews of al teh courses, best to go on Decision day on the 3rd to get the specifies booklets fom each of the schools your intersted in, for example busness boklets tell you more aobtu al teh business courses, while science does itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)