Whats ure fav topic in Physics ? (1 Viewer)

Whats ure Fav topic in Physics ?

• Space (Core)

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Motors and Generators (Core)

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • From Ideas to Implementaion (Core)

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Astrophysics (Option)

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Medical Physics (Option)

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Age Of Silicon (Option)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quanta to Quarks (Option)

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Geophysics (Option)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ace-Pilot

Poll ure thoughts !

My Fav to Least Fav is :

-Age Of Silicon (Fav)
-Motors & Generators
-Space
-From Ideas to Implementation (Least Fav)

Last edited:

Ronnie

Trust me you don't wanna study Quantas to Quarks.... it's so abstract and heaps of "current" stuff which needs like a high degree of mathematics to explain it properly eg: angular momentum

Add to the fact that my teacher just skips dot points every now and then because he considers it to be insignificant and they won't ask a question on it....!

BLAH I am gonna faiiiilllll

Yellow

Space for sure. Gotta love relativity and space travel. It's soo fascinating.

the rest is a bunch of crap that turns a simple concept into stupid complicated theories.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm

1. Ideas
2. Quanta 2 Quarks
3. Space
4. Motors and Gen's

(favourite to least fave)

spice girl

magic mirror
The first time I saw "Ideas to Implementation" as a physics topic i thought: WTF??

There was no possible way to figure out what exactly it was, until you read the content.

Like, you could have "Ideas to Implementation" as a topic in ANY of the science subjects, if not in humanities or vocational subjects.

space,
motors
implementation
astro
reason?
coz in the beginning of the year i did study
so space i have no problem with it
then as time goes i bludge more and more, for the last module never even learnt half of it.

ben

how can people like motors?! it so frustrating and boring...

I'm the only one that I slightly like (i hate all of physics) is Ideas to Imp.. lol - it's just knowledge.

Last edited:

Ace-Pilot

LoL man how can u not like motors & Gen topic ?

Topics with alot of pracs rule. My option (age of silicon) and motors and generators had alot of pracs in them.

The best prac we have done this year i would say is when we were given an assignment to build a motor in Motors and Generators.

We were given like 1 month to do it, and we ended up actually finishing the project requirments in about 1/2 an hour so we decided to add a little extra. Take a look for your self.

Sorry about this pic being black and white as soon as i find the coloured version i'll post it up.

Attachments

esther

HSC
i HATE space and i to i.... i to i has so much theory and space i HATE relativity....
medical phys is good though, its realli interesting... we even had an excursion to the medical centre next door to our skool to look at xray machines and shit...
motors is alrite coz the pracs were good
dun need to worri about the stupid impacts on society and enviro shit after wed ~!

Toni

I hated all the topics. We didnt really get to do any pracs coz i doen physics by correspondence. I wish we had it would have made it more interesting.

ben

Originally posted by Dan_the_man
Physics by correspondence? That must have been impossible
Why? I never learnt anything in class literally. I'm trying to learn the whole physics course in the last couple of days. Thank god it's my 11th and 12th unit ;) Because, it is impossible to learn quickly.

silent bob

I Hate all of em, especially the ideas one.
PRACS!?!?! What is this word "pracs"?
someone should teach my physics teacher what a practical is. I wasted 47c on buying an extra book for pracs n we didn't even do none. His idea of a prac was sending around a ammeter he had disassemled saying, 'take note of the soft iron core, and the spring'.
and on the one occasion when he tried to show us how a discharge tube works, our schools ones were so old n shit, that air had got into it and it no longer worked. ERGH!!!
physics should have been fun, instead i got stuck with an idiot who tells us stories of when he was our age. FUCK!<<----sorry, lots of pent up rage being expressed in a single post...i'll go now...beat myself over the head with the text book...*glares at text book*....just for the record, medical physics is probably the shortest, so i like it the best.....whatever happened to that excursion we were supposed to go to...the one at the hospital...oh yeah...now i remember...MY TEACHER DIDN'T GET AROUND TO ORGANISE IT!!!
And you know the prac examn that goes toward our HSC....we didn't end up doing it....i wonder where he's gonna get the marks from...just pull em out of his arse i suppose...

Ace-Pilot

Wow, So much anger and hate against Physics ? Thats not right, it should be against Chemistry !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)