Whats ur short story about? (1 Viewer)

faerielette

HSC
hey guys... im really really far behind in ext2
i havnt done any sort of writing for my draft, it sounds like a lot of u guys have already started, finished etc. just curious as to what your stories are about????

Thomas_wow

my stories about nothing, but it apparantely has a message (that i didnt intend when i wrote it, but now pretend i did because my teacher said its very subtle but at the same time, deep)

sickwithlove

Queen Beathen
HSC
my story is a revenge tragedy/detective story where all these killings are taking place in and around Sydney based on the game Cluedo ie: Mr Green was killed in his lounge room with a rope.

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
Mine is based around a few years in the life of a girl whose mother gets breast cancer, gets a masectomy, and then eventually dies. The girl starts to suffer mental probs, eg. depression, and gets an obsession with circles (as a result of her mother's masectomy/breast cancer and how it affected the girl).
So far Iv written about 400 words, and the little girl is adjusting scones in the kitchen because they're lopsided, and that reminds her of her mother being lopsided (as a result of the masectomy) so she is trying to make them symmetrical.

how does that sound guys? LOL... id appreciate comments!!!!

:p

*Flutterby*

i've written over two thousand words. the question is who's researching their medium??

in reference to the last post i think that it is a really unique idea and could be very powerful

sickwithlove

Queen Beathen
HSC
Sounds good! I've written over 5000 words and over the Xmas hols i read as many short stories as i could find.... My teacher gave us some stuff about the 'conventions of a short story, plus they covered them at the Knox workshop day thing.

*Flutterby*

ive done heaps of research over a hundred pages into serial rapists and revenge tragedy genre so atleast that bit's prepared lol

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Thomas_wow
my stories about nothing, but it apparantely has a message (that i didnt intend when i wrote it, but now pretend i did because my teacher said its very subtle but at the same time, deep)
haha thats always the way it is my friend :D
Originally posted by sickwithlove
my story is a revenge tragedy/detective story where all these killings are taking place in and around Sydney based on the game Cluedo ie: Mr Green was killed in his lounge room with a rope.
quite clever id like to read this when it formulates..although not entirely original from what you told us, it is a good concept nonetheless
Originally posted by *Flutterby*
mine is a renvenge tragedy on rape and murder.
hehe, always a good combo to write about :)
Originally posted by hotcocoababe
Mine is based around a few years in the life of a girl whose mother gets breast cancer, gets a masectomy, and then eventually dies. The girl starts to suffer mental probs, eg. depression, and gets an obsession with circles (as a result of her mother's masectomy/breast cancer and how it affected the girl).
So far Iv written about 400 words, and the little girl is adjusting scones in the kitchen because they're lopsided, and that reminds her of her mother being lopsided (as a result of the masectomy) so she is trying to make them symmetrical.

how does that sound guys? LOL... id appreciate comments!!!!

:p
original in some extent, but id have to read the rest of the story to truly appreciate this piece i think :)

Good luck to all, these ideas so far seem great

HSC
N/A
My short story is based on the idea that a person's mind is very complex. I generally have a group of people with very different personalities. They fight, argue, talk to each other, comfort each other etc etc but the punchline really is that they are all just different aspects of same person (ie moods, emotions) but you don't find out until the end (and trying to figure out how to get that bit working- I don't want to like, come out and tell them or anything). The only hint I've given so far is that the names of the people- the first letters make up my own first name. I also play around with ideas like "I'm fighting with myself" and "inner demons" (eg one of my characters personifies depression).

As to research, well, since my story has an autibiographical element (but is NOT an autobiography) I had trouble with that too- but my teacher said just to "Read books, Review them, and Reflect upon them and how they link to your story", so I'm doing that :) The Three R's! :D

I've done like, pages and pages of preliminary research (ie just pages on what my characters are, what I want them to represent, how they talk, how you differenciate one from another so you can't tell the same person wrote all of them etc etc but I only have like, 1000 words... :S Lots of writing to do over the holidays!!!!

mayhemily

HSC
Originally posted by glitterfairy
My short story is based on the idea that a person's mind is very complex. I generally have a group of people with very different personalities. They fight, argue, talk to each other, comfort each other etc etc but the punchline really is that they are all just different aspects of same person (ie moods, emotions)
Wow thats kind of like mine - except my main ideas are perspective, and the idea that the inner world is the 'real' world.

Anyway :D your idea sounds cool.

HSC
N/A
Ooooh freaky freaky!

In a sense mine is also about pespective- like my characters all view life differently- although I'm not basing mine around inner world being real world, but freaky anyway.. they ARE alike, but I'm sure our interpretations are different so hsc markers won't flip out :)

Good luck with story!

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
HSC
Oh ohooooh guess what guys, i handed in my journal, and 350 words iv written so far (LOL) and.......
well i handed the whole lot in to my teacher, and (keeping in mind that she hates my guts, of course, LOL) she told me she LOVES my progress so far, that my (only one page) draft INTRUIGED her and she was identifying with my character already in only 350 words, and that she absolutely cant wait until im finished because what I'v done alreadys has SURPASSED HER EXPECTATIONS!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D sounds promising hay!

flyhigh

well im writing about social norms and that what seems normal in our lives is only what the majority believe/do/are i.e humans are conformists, scared of change and the new. To convey this, im writing two stories. My first story is a world of opposites where my main character is in a society where homosexuals are seen as normal and heterosexuals seen to be "queer". In my second story, i have the same character in the world at its present state, where homosexuals are not accepted in mainstream society.

Oh btw, in the first story my character is straight in a world of gays and in the second story he is gay in a world of straights... in both my stories the main character will be dealing with his sexuality and trying to come out of his shell. It will portray the problems with being in the minority in each society and the stories will be parallel in the sense that both the minority groups are being treated bad and seen as strange!! ahh... think im blabbing and not making any sense :(

hmmmmm hope you guys understand what im trying to say :D

Last edited:

foz

to gliterfairy, your short story reminds me of a recent movie....identity.. good work btw... just wonderin did u get ur idea from identity? sounds good anyway :) like that physchological stuff!!

TRUZ

woooaa!!!! maan...all dese works are soo0o deep and complex and interesting!!! dammit mine looks real crap compared to dese...ish in da fantasy genre and its a fantasy parallel of terrorism and 9/11 and bali etc.....except the war involves 3 protagonists and magic....and it deals with reasons of why people believe in the things they do...eg. bin ladin and his ideas..and democracy etc ...phhh! lame

vicburke

Capt. Schneider Bandwagon
HSC
i have done over 1 log books worth of research cause mine requires to be historically accurate down to a tee.

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
HSC
awww none of the ideas iv heard so far sound lame at all! including yours TRUZ.... actually it sounds really complex! I REALLY REALLY wanted to do some amazing fantasy piece, but i decided to stick with the idea i already have. I will hafta try and do some amazing fantasy thing for my art BOW LOL...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)