What's the most popular genre people are writing in? (1 Viewer)

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Heh, reading this thread I just kind of realised I don't have an actual genre I'm writing in, so to speak. It's a bit postmodern, a bit noir (ish?), a bit nihilistic (only a little bit I promise, mainly by accident)... very all-over-the-place at the moment. Meh, I supposed it saved me from having to research a certain genre.

BayLee

HSC
renton said:
new millenium gonzo journalism for me - newly invented title (first part at least)
I've only just heard of gonzo journalism. Sounds interesting, I'd love to read your work.

bumhead

Random Insults
HSC
post modern, neo crime thriller.

basically its Crime Fiction that I tried to add an unusual twist to. im so screwed for reflection statement. i havent really been thinking of my purpose... so yeah im stuck lol

Deedum

HSC
Mine feels all inferior and whatnot.
Good ol' Hard-Boiled sub-genre of Crime Fiction for me :p Subverted?

bumhead

Random Insults
HSC
Deedum said:
Mine feels all inferior and whatnot.
Good ol' Hard-Boiled sub-genre of Crime Fiction for me :p Subverted?
dw. thats basically what mine is (i just tried to make it sound better than it is)

charlie_way

Gypsy #3
HSC
Mine's all cool... and postmodernist... Actually, there's not really a genre... it's kind of... I don't know. Effing stupid, that's what. D:

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
I wish I'd had the balls to pull off a proper transgressive fiction-type-thing with my work, it is influenced by it a bit but I'd have given my English teacher a heart attack :D

starrysky

HSC
I haven't the guts to contemplate post-modernism on any level, let alone utilise it. Mine's an autobiographical work, plot emphasised through use of roman a clef. So ... autobiographical, anyone?

90% of the stories I've read from my classmate and friends outside of school who do EE2, are fantasy. Quelle surprise?

Deedum

HSC
starrysky said:
I haven't the guts to contemplate post-modernism on any level, let alone utilise it. Mine's an autobiographical work, plot emphasised through use of roman a clef. So ... autobiographical, anyone?

90% of the stories I've read from my classmate and friends outside of school who do EE2, are fantasy. Quelle surprise?
I haven't heard of anyone doing fantasy :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)