What's the most important thing to know from year 10 going onto extension in year 11? (1 Viewer)

Admonks

HSC
My teacher's have said polynomials is absolutely essential in extension 1 I also know algebra is one. But what is the most important thing to know from year 10 and earlier years to be able to do extension maths?

Thanks!

HSC
imo just algebra, most of the stuff u learn prior to yr10 makes no difference in yr11 n 12 extension. almost all new topics lol, but every question has algebra so ig its the most important thing. trigonometry helps too.

Admonks

HSC
pretty much what @iheartcookies1012 said, you need to be able to pretty much effortlessly do any algebra for y11/12 maths

my school doesn’t even do polynomials in y10 and I was fine so make of that what you will
so should i just revise from the basics of algebra? what do i need do to effortlessly do any algebra and what is required?

Thanks

carrotsss

HSC
so should i just revise from the basics of algebra? what do i need do to effortlessly do any algebra and what is required?

Thanks
I feel like it’s mostly just a practice thing like there’s no definitive amount but you just want to know all the basic tricks and be able to identify them easily and quickly

you will get this practice over y12 though (and first few weeks is usually just revising this) just make sure you at least know the basics, like I know a couple of people who could barely factorise or expand at the start of y11 and it put them behind for the entirety of y11/y12

Bob99

temporarylol hater
HSC

Thanks
extension as the name suggests is basically an extension of Maths Advanced topics. During the first few weeks of Maths advanced you'll basically learn everything from scratch again (like trig and what not, trig identities are gonna be your best friend btw) so just master those topics and learning the extension stuff shouldn't be too much of a struggle.

Admonks

HSC
I feel like it’s mostly just a practice thing like there’s no definitive amount but you just want to know all the basic tricks and be able to identify them easily and quickly

you will get this practice over y12 though (and first few weeks is usually just revising this) just make sure you at least know the basics, like I know a couple of people who could barely factorise or expand at the start of y11 and it put them behind for the entirety of y11/y12
Thank you so much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)