whats the longest you left your book un-finished for? (1 Viewer)

funniboi

HSC
I'm still half way through magician (raymond e feist), it's been ages, like a while since the trials began, but I just can't seem to get back into it. lol

whats the longest you people have left a book unfinished?
and how did you get back into it?

edit; i finished lsat year, so trials would have been in 2004 :)

gosh

I have a habit of leaving a book half way or three quarters of the way through. Because of school and all, my reading routine is often interrupted. I recently picked up and continued "The Eye Of The World" by Robert Jordan, a book i stopped reading 4 months ago.
After you stop reading a book, its hard to get back into the storyline. Over time you forget much of the detail

btw, magician is a good book. I read it in blocks of several weeks.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i nver finished reading the bible,
i opened it once wen i was 5 and read the first page

oh well

funniboi

HSC
half baked said:
I have a habit of leaving a book half way or three quarters of the way through. Because of school and all, my reading routine is often interrupted. I recently picked up and continued "The Eye Of The World" by Robert Jordan, a book i stopped reading 4 months ago.
After you stop reading a book, its hard to get back into the storyline. Over time you forget much of the detail

btw, magician is a good book. I read it in blocks of several weeks.

yeah magician is great so far..
i've actually had to re-read the first few chapters before, when i left it for 4 weeks because i forgot.
but now that im half way through and i have sapre time, im tryin to get back into.. but bleh, i dont want to start all over again. but i guess ill have to

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Anna Karenina took me about 6 months because I found it so unabsorbing. Between when I started reading it and when I finished, I read 12 other books.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
the bourne identity...took me a period of 16 months, i'd read half then forget and re-read it and a bit more, then forget im reading it, then have to re-re-read it...

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
I started 48 Shades of Brown back in the day (year 8).

Still haven't read it compeletly. It bores me.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I got about 30 pages from the end of LOTR in year 4 and stopped. I reread it recently and stopped at around the same point. I do intend to finish it some day, meh.

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
i left my isobelle carmody book the gathering on the floor for over a month... it kinda bored me a bit...

Abbeygale

HSC
I left Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonquest' for about eighteen months after reading the first chapter. But once I got into it I read it about three times.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
'bout a few weeks.. Between assignment are the only times I don't have the time to read.

Crazy Horse

HSC
Nothing I hate more than beginning a book and not finishing it but there is one book that I just could not finish. It looked great when I picked it up but turned out rubbish and so about halfway I threw it aside. It's been nearly 6 months maybe - NO intention of finishing.

I think it was called "Amazon Women"?? I cant remember the author.

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
monty python's screenplay.. and the biography of marilyn monroe.. they just keep sittin there! lol

persephone

HSC
the book 'you don't know me'. I bought in June 2004. Got bored with it, lent it to my friend and have never gotten it back. And hence, never finished it.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I read the first chapter of the first Harry Potter, got bored and left it for a few months. People were talking about it at school so I picked it up again. I finished it, and the rest of the books in less than a month.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Princess Nevermore...I never wanted to read it in the first place but my best friend was like obsessed with me reading it. Needless to say I never finished.

Jaydels

HSC
I started reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix when it first came out, got about half way through it and got busy doing other stuff. About a month later I picked it up again, read a page and couldn't be bothered anymore. I still haven't finished reading it. I will one day......maybe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)