• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What's the format/font for MW? (1 Viewer)

get_born

Hey, i remember reading it once or someone telling me before but im not sure...what the font, size, whether your supposed to double space and so on...or doesn't it matter as long as your in the word limit?

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
last_chance said:
Hey, i remember reading it once or someone telling me before but im not sure...what the font, size, whether your supposed to double space and so on...or doesn't it matter as long as your in the word limit?
size 12, times new roman or arial. double spaced. max 8000 words for short stories. it's in the syllabus.

get_born

is the size the same for the poetry...because in one of my poems for example ive done falling

for example, and it really brings out the effect of that poem - ad i mean its not that long - but everything else in my work is normal as in size and font.

J

jhakka

The expected presentation is as above, however I believe that the markers do not mark down so long as the intended font style adds to the effect of the work. I would make any other text the same as the course requirements.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
last_chance said:
is the size the same for the poetry...because in one of my poems for example ive done falling

for example, and it really brings out the effect of that poem - ad i mean its not that long - but everything else in my work is normal as in size and font.

oooooh i like the way u did that... yeh i can imagine how that would further enhance the meaning of a poem...

personally i don't see any harm with maybe 2 or 3 instances were u may choose to do something like that... as long as it adds to meaning and is only done for less that 0.01% of ur major work... but yeh generally jusy try to stick to normal font... (i..e syllabus requiremtns).. as jhakka and cherryblossom stated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)