Whats the deal? (1 Viewer)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
My friend told me that in introduction to signals and systems the lecturer told him that everyone had to do some test to see if they were good enough at english or else they had to do workshops. Whats the deal with this?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
This is a great idea. I wish this, or something similar, would be done in SITACS. That, or an English subject. Instead we have international students who are bilingual, but English isn't their second language. =\

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah, we has to write an essay at; the start of year. And if, failed you wouldnt be able to does 4th year. thesis.

But most people usually pass.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
poloktim said:
This is a great idea. I wish this, or something similar, would be done in SITACS. That, or an English subject. Instead we have international students who are bilingual, but English isn't their second language. =\
hahahaha so true. Those students who speak 7 languages but none of them come close to English. Especially those students who come from Dubai, they're notorious for it.

adsta

HSC
poloktim said:
I agree, but I also think some of the SITACS lecturers (and tutors for that matter) should take an english test.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
I agree completely, if by some you mean the vast majority :)
If by vast majority you mean all, then I agree with you whole-heartedly too. :)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
adsta said:
I agree, but I also think some of the SITACS lecturers (and tutors for that matter) should take an english test.
And if by SITACS, you mean the entire collective UOW lecturing and tutoring staff, then I agree with you whole-heartedly too. :)

SXC_DRAGON_BOY

Been A While
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
Yeah, we has to write an essay at; the start of year. And if, failed you wouldnt be able to does 4th year. thesis.

But most people usually pass.
i wonder if anyone actually has failed it
lol

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Ms 12 said:
Too far Raiks...good try though :p
Too far? I've got an STS tutor who can't speak english but mumbles some sri lankan gibberish, I have an Health Econ who speaks a million miles an hour and doesn't seem to know the rules of vocal grammer and I have another Econ lecturer and tutor who is some french guy who has already told us he hates the americans and has extremely poor english speaking skills to the point that we have to help him think of the words he wants to say. Too far? Well I'll be ranking the commerce faculty right behind SITACS when it comes to the worst english speaking from tutors/lecturers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)