what's the best way to make online diagrams ? (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Original Poster said:
currently i use mathcha to make my own diagrams with math equations and then screenshot them and put them in my own notes but i'm wondering if there's a better website/app that has similar support. as of right now the diagrams aren't too complex (and i hope they won't get more complicated). Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 2.52.06 am.png
thanks 😃

i found https://inkscape.org/ but my mac won't support it 😭 i guess i might just use my old surface then
I am not sure if you are already aware of it but I would suggest using https://app.diagrams.net/ (which I believe was formerly known as draw.io). I have personally used this website a bit back in high school and also at university, especially in my third year. Coincidentally, I used it today (technically yesterday, RIP sleep schedule lol) to create diagrams, which I then included in my PowerPoint slides for my Honours research proposal presentation. It pretty much has all the features that you mentioned, including the ability to create sophisticated diagrams and support for mathematical typesetting.

I also wanted to mention that, instead of taking screenshots of your diagrams and then pasting them onto your notes, you could use this website to create diagrams in SVG format, which you can then include in your notes. If I recall correctly, you previously mentioned that you use Notion, which supports SVG files. You seem to like putting time into making your diagrams nice/presentable and easy to interpret, and I believe that using SVG files would be more consistent with your standards since they do not lose any quality if they are zoomed or resized, unlike screenshots, which can and may therefore result in less appealing diagrams (especially the more complex ones).

I hope this helps! :D

wizzkids

HSC
All the above are good suggestions. For diagrams, don't forget there is always good old Microsoft Word shapes. Word contains a pretty comprehensive library of pre-built shapes, together with 'sticky' connectors and arrows that stay connected to the shapes. You can do grouping, layering and nesting of shapes, captions, different line styles and of course hundreds of fonts. Then it is easy to copy and paste your finished masterpiece to other apps, or export it as PDF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)