What's the best way to learn your notes, fast? (1 Viewer)

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
Okay, so you've written the notes and various answers to syllabus dot points, you're gonna rely on for the HSC, how are you going to learn an entire year's worth of content?

(Note: In this case these are notes that came from the resources section.)

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
I chuck them in the bin, and write again. because i will just doze off whenever I am reading, I can only learn through writing.

If you are running out of time, the only thing to do is past papers and ignore the notes. in some subjects, like chemistry, there are a load of syllabus points that HSC won't ask you (e.g. scientist occupation). Doing past paper allows you to know that kind of question they ask in HSC and just study for that.

zeleboy

HSC
FLYHAWK14 said:
Okay, so you've written the notes and various answers to syllabus dot points, you're gonna rely on for the HSC, how are you going to learn an entire year's worth of content?

Condense your notes?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
The best way to learn your notes is to read them consistently. Read once everyday will ensure that you know your notes off by heart by the time you do the exam. Just make sure you apply your knowledge of notes on past questions.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
keep on reading them works for me. some people need to write them down.

ccc123

HSC
FLYHAWK14 said:

Write your own notes. I find the process of writing them to be better revision than reading them, and I hate other people's notes......they don't centre-align or have colour coded headings like mine :(

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
What's the best way to learn your notes, fast? write in your hands, then go in the exam room afterwards - saves time

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Nasonex said:
What's the best way to learn your notes, fast? write in your hands, then go in the exam room afterwards - saves time
In that way, you don't learn. You are merely carrying the notes around.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
ccc123 said:
Write your own notes. I find the process of writing them to be better revision than reading them, and I hate other people's notes......they don't centre-align or have colour coded headings like mine :(
Same here. The notes that other people have are so confusing because you yourself didn't write it. I just check out other people's notes to see what I should include in my own. :)

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
Science teacher says:

'It takes the average human brain to have something read over seven times to be able to memorise it'

English teacher says:

'Take notes away, and rewrite them without looking. Unless you can rewrite your notes, you have not memorise it'

Just.Snaz

HSC
I find that applying the knowledge to past papers helps me remember them.. and then i read through them a few times for those rare cases where they ask you something they usually don't.. (I'm only talking from a chemistry and biology studen'ts point of view- dunno bout other subjects)

gavvsy

HSC
i find that if i talk/teach someone my notes, i learn quicker

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
nerdsforever said:
Science teacher says:

'It takes the average human brain to have something read over seven times to be able to memorise it'

English teacher says:

'Take notes away, and rewrite them without looking. Unless you can rewrite your notes, you have not memorise it
'
Your English teacher is lolworthy.

Science teacher knows where its at.

Re-writing notes is a waste of time, rote-learn answers get you only mediocre marks in the HSC (and anywhere really).

gavvsy said:
i find that if i talk/teach someone my notes, i learn quicker
Yes, this is true - the best way to learn your notes? Teach others. :)

Muz4PM

HSC
I find one of the best ways for me to memorise my notes is to say them out loud a few times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)