What's the best way to get to Usyd? (1 Viewer)

Alex499

HSC
I live in Sans Souci = no train station and one bus that goes between miranda and Kogarah. I do however have a car so I can drive to Cronulla, Woolooware, Caringbah, Miranda, Gymea, Hurstville, Allawah, Carlton, Kogarah or Rockdale stations. Preferably one of the later ones, simply because it makes the trip half an hour less. Does anyone know if there is any cheap all day parking at any of these stations?

And is the walk from Redfern Station alright? I did it on info day without any problems. I walked half an hour every day to school so that's not a problem. Redfern has a bit of a dodgy reputation though so would it be better to go to central and bus it?

witide

HSC
You could drive to Rockdale Plaza and park there, then walk/bus to the station. Trains should come pretty often to take you to Central, and then I believe there is a bus to USYD.

konkzz

HSC
Well, my enrolment is on this week. It states from 2 pm to 4 pm on the site . So, I would probably get to Redfern aboout 1.30 pm (or earlier) and then walk. Would it be safe at this time ? How about on my trip back ?

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
Redfern's not what it used to be, most of the Abo's are harmless there these days.

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
you might as well drive to usyd. much, much easier, rather than have to car, train AND walk

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
plus you avoid the above said threats. just put a steering wheel lock on. lol.

Miss Winey

HSC
I've walked the redfern strip everyday for 4 years now, and i've never had any problems. never felt unsafe, never been interrogated, never had anyone come up to me randomly. it's FINE.

if you're really concerned Sydney Uni has a security bus that does 30 minutes round trips to redfern and around uni.
it's free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)