Whats the Best way to get to Parra Uni from penrith? (1 Viewer)

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
Yeh, Whats the Best way to get to Parra Uni from penrith?

Anyone that doesnt without driving? What do you do? Catch a train then what...?

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
train, get off at parra. theres a bus from the station that passes through uws.

Jonathan A

HSC
juventino said:
Yeh, Whats the Best way to get to Parra Uni from penrith?

Anyone that doesnt without driving? What do you do? Catch a train then what...?
Ok here is one way.

Get on the train at Rydalmere and go to Clyde, change trains and get on Yellow Emu Plains line to Kingswood and then get on the UWS Shuttle Bus and you are there!!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
L20, 520, 524, 523, 525 ... either outside westfield or outside the train station (towards the city end) where the ticket turnstiles are.

= Jennifer =

HSC
Cape said:
L20, 520, 524, 523, 525 ... either outside westfield or outside the train station (towards the city end) where the ticket turnstiles are.

stand a at station st to be precise :) as soon as you put your ticket through the machine at the station there is a bakery (or some sort of cafe thing cant remember) at one exit and a newsagent at the other exit of the station go to the bakery exit and go up the stairs and turn left, you will see heaps of bus stops you look for stand a

Last edited:

Jonathan A

HSC
Get the train people!!!! LOL

Seriously as uni students, finances are a priority, from Parra to uni will cost you about $1.50 or there abouts, if you get the train you will only be charged a small amount extra.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
But if you get the train ... you gotta switch trains at clyde and wait forever until one comes. Its much easier and quicker to catch a bus. Its just my opinion anyway.

ok at Parra uni... is the bus stop across the road? i dont know cos i was supposed to catch the bus n train to get the hang of it whilst getting my uniform... but i ended up driving instead... n i didnt get to test out the route... so is the bus stop across the uni?
thanx! :p

= Jennifer =

HSC
yep the bus stop is across the road from the university and then you cross the little driveway of uws north and then u cross victoria road to get to the main part of the campus (south)

Jonathan A

HSC
Cape said:
But if you get the train ... you gotta switch trains at clyde and wait forever until one comes. Its much easier and quicker to catch a bus. Its just my opinion anyway.

Buses get caught up in traffic, and you need to get off and switch transport anyway. The Clyde-Carlingford train is a single line, so it doesn't get held up.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Jonathan A said:
Buses get caught up in traffic, and you need to get off and switch transport anyway. The Clyde-Carlingford train is a single line, so it doesn't get held up.
Parramatta campus isn't really that far from parra station anyway. victoria road isn't bad until you get to ermington really.

Plus sydney buses are much more reliable than city rail :p

= Jennifer =

HSC
Jonathan A said:

Actually the bus route is really good IMO not that much traffic. Also, a bus comes every 5 minutes where as the train comes every 30 minutes, so if you were running late the bus is the best option.

Jonathan A

HSC
Cape said:
Parramatta campus isn't really that far from parra station anyway. victoria road isn't bad until you get to ermington really.

Plus sydney buses are much more reliable than city rail :p

They are both public entities, run by an irresponsible government. It would be a nightmare, dealing with them both in one day.

Jonathan A

HSC
= Jennifer = said:
Actually the bus route is really good IMO not that much traffic. Also, a bus comes every 5 minutes where as the train comes every 30 minutes, so if you were running late the bus is the best option.

Why can't the buses in my area be the same?

placebo

HSC
What is the name of the bus stop at Parramatta?

Is it easy to notice?

Lol, I can just imagine myself sitting on the bus and unknowingly watch the stop go past!!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
If your coming from parramatta you go over james ruse drive and you get off after that. You actually go slightly past the uni before you get off, you can't miss the uni :p and the name of the bus stop is university of western sydney ... how original :p don't worry ... heaps of other people will be getting off the bus - its the stop where everyone gets off.

= Jennifer =

HSC
placebo said:
What is the name of the bus stop at Parramatta?

Is it easy to notice?

Lol, I can just imagine myself sitting on the bus and unknowingly watch the stop go past!!

the easiest way not to miss the stop is on your first time sit on the right hand side of the bus (right side i mean the side where the driver isnt) and when you see a big blue sign that says UWS press the button ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)