What's the best hair dye for black hair? (1 Viewer)

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
i dyed my hair with red streaks (but faded to brown -_-') with blonde/brown highlights and inside(bottom) kept it black, my original hair color..

tyra

HSC
whiterabbit said:
I'm angry. Not only have I damaged my hair and wasted one hour of my life, I have also spent $10. And my hair's not even purple!! Not even a little bit!

It's still black!
Boring, dull, never changing black!

I know it's because I don't want to bleach it. But what can i do? I want colour!
i have a friend who has really nice bright and vibrant purple streaks. she uses fudge. however, it goes out after 30 washes or so.

rumour

HSC
Supra said:
blonde streaks looks good, but it only looks good if u have tanned skin (i.e curries etc)..
Oh no it doesn't!!!!!!!!!!!!

The people who have it done think it looks good, but it doesn't!!!!!!!!!!

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
you should just bleach it. if you only do it once it really won't hurt yr hair at all. i bleached the bottom half of my hair then dyed it red (using fudge paintbox) and it looked good while it lasted, but when the fudge faded i just dyed the bleached bit black. so now my hair is half dark brown and half black but it's not a very noticable difference and my hair isn't damaged in the slightest.

but if yr going to keep it purple for ages i wouldn't do it cos the bleach will ruin yr hair.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
rumour said:
Oh no it doesn't!!!!!!!!!!!!

The people who have it done think it looks good, but it doesn't!!!!!!!!!!
not completely blonde, but the odd streak here or there...completely blonde is majorly fukd...and im actually not too dark so it suits.... i dont think red stands out

j.u.l.i.e

if you want it to look really purple, you have to go to the hairdressers and get them to bleach it and use their dye coz its stronger

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
what i did was highlighted my hair colour then did a red shade.
colour fades out real fast though for mine :(
haha mine looks more like red/brown streaks

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
glycerine said:
what about lemon juice? thats meant to lighten right?
yep i heard something abt lemon juice lightening then hair

RingerINC

BBoy OG Loc Gangsta
HSC
whiterabbit said:
I'm angry. Not only have I damaged my hair and wasted one hour of my life, I have also spent $10. And my hair's not even purple!! Not even a little bit!

It's still black!
Boring, dull, never changing black!

I know it's because I don't want to bleach it. But what can i do? I want colour!
Why don't you try dying it black?

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
dark`secrets said:
yep i heard something abt lemon juice lightening then hair
yes lemon juice is a natural bleach, but it will make the hair reddish

if you wanna use it just soak your hair in it and sit in the sun

Goldcoastjack

HSC
Sorry to dig up an old thread. Is anyone Currently using the Sunsilk Highlight stuff??? If So, where did you get it from, i cant find it anywhere OR what do you recomend instead. I have used the sunsilk stuff before with great results, what else is out there that will do the same???

Thanks in advance

CoffeeBeans

is bored
HSC
heya.. i have stubborn asian hair.. i used a japanese product called Palty

heres a picture of one of the styles of packaging...

If you live in sydney, theres a japanese supermarket behind the Coles @ Townhall called " Conveni 8" thta sells that stuff... otherwise, most Japanese Grocerie stores sell them too :)

and heres a result of one of the hairdyes (she used "milk Tea Tart")

hope that helps! :)

frieda

Premium Member
HSC
go to an asian salon if u didn't the first time, they'll have alot more experience with getting black hair lighter. Also, asian dyes (particularly korean ones) seem to work alot better with lightening dark hair =]

HSC
RED all the way.. like mahongy.. sort.. yeah i streaked in year 9 .. soo prettyy (the colour btw.. not me ) ..

i like azns with red hair soooooo cute =P ..

frazzle

HSC
Don't bleach your hair!

Use Goldwell's Topchic effects. It's designed for dark hair, and you apply it straight on, no bleach. It's much healthier too.

I've only ever got it done at the salon though, and I always do various combinations of bright red, dark red and black. The colour lasts for ages, and you don't get horrible fade outs like you do with bleach.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Here's a photo of me in the middle... I'm the asian one with the non-black hair.

Twas the first time I dyed my hair, so it could look better. Its Loreal, the two part one where I dye my hair overall first as base, and then use the highlights. Some blonde-ish tinges but mostly a natural looking brown. Go to the loreal site, they have this awesome test and recommendations...

Us BoS moderators at a meetup recently...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)