Whats the best engineer course? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Bacilli said:
Yeah, what exactly makes USYD's aero program better then UNSW's?

"It's de USYD UAI cutoff dude, ya know, higher cutoff = better program"..
I've heard it's more hands on at Usyd? But UNSW have a better reputation?

So basically there's a skills shortage in all aspects, except for aerospace. Brilliant.

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
How is mechatronics engineering btw? in terms of salary and employment oppotunities. I was told biomed has basically no employment opportunities so i was considering mechatronics or civil.

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
Say im interested in work...
And im planning to do a B commerce combined bit B engineering degree.

Which uni will be suit that?

and im deciding between civil engineering and mechatronics..how do these two compare in terms of demand in the workforce, ease of getting a job and salary.

It is said that civil engineering is a branch of engineering that will grow in the future, does that mean there will be more demand or less?

btw thx Musk

watthedam

Liberator
HSC
vanush said:
USYD is cool for its crazymad 99+required Space engineeringo degrees. The rest are shit.
Could some one provide a bit more info into this post, please :D

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Curry said:
If you wan't money and a guarenteed job, do mining. It is heavily machine orientated if you enjoy the mechanical side of things. There is also a good oppurtunity to make you time studying at UNSW easier, as there are many scholarships.
Don't you have to travel a fair bit to mining areas don't you ?

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
watthedam said:
Could some one provide a bit more info into this post, please :D
it doesnt fucking matter what uni you go to for undergraduate engineering education. the fact that there would even BE any major discrepancy in engy undergrad between 3-4 unis that are seperated by at most 50kms is astounding. to succeed in any engineeringy career.

1) GO to the uni thats closer.
2) DO an Engineering degree.
3) DO shit on the side (job/ur own personal projects/something to show u have some other interests.. engineering is a pain! and employers know this. need healthy distractionz)
4) Get good marks
5) Try and enjoy uni
6) ???
7) Profit

Unwant3d

It's A Boy !!
HSC
a higher UAI doesnt mean that the course sturture is better.
ok say USYD had a 92.00 UAI for Structural Eng. and UTS has 85.00
due to the fact that the UAI us a rank it simply means that USYD is taking in less students than UTS!

Besides UTS is way more industry based than USYD

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
A High Way Man said:
it doesnt fucking matter what uni you go to for undergraduate engineering education. the fact that there would even BE any major discrepancy in engy undergrad between 3-4 unis that are seperated by at most 50kms is astounding. to succeed in any engineeringy career.

1) GO to the uni thats closer.
2) DO an Engineering degree.
3) DO shit on the side (job/ur own personal projects/something to show u have some other interests.. engineering is a pain! and employers know this. need healthy distractionz)
4) Get good marks
5) Try and enjoy uni
6) ???
7) Profit
it must not go without saying - this guy has NO IDEA what he is talking about, period

civil has a pretty high demand. stats says for every civil graduate, two has retired. so its an ever increasing gap. aust is a growing nation, we need civil engineers.

money will come along as experience grows. you get yourself into an exec position and wham you're there.

TheSuperior1

HSC
What is wrong with Computer Engineering? I'm planning to major in that. No one has even mentioned it. o_O Something I'm missing?

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
What is wrong with Computer Engineering? I'm planning to major in that. No one has even mentioned it. o_O Something I'm missing?
You mean Software engineering? Shroedinger is doing that, he might be able to answer some of your questions.

TheSuperior1

HSC
Nope, I mean computer engineering. O crap, people haven't even heard of it. There must be soemthing wrong with it lol.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
it must not go without saying - this guy has NO IDEA what he is talking about, period

civil has a pretty high demand. stats says for every civil graduate, two has retired. so its an ever increasing gap. aust is a growing nation, we need civil engineers.

money will come along as experience grows. you get yourself into an exec position and wham you're there.
lol Vanush is right.

You're the clueless idiot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)