Whats 'study'? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Ok.. This might sound like a really stupid question.. But whats study? Doing hw? Reading over ur notes? Making notes?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Personally, I separate homework and study into two different categories.

Essentially, in my view, study is like... anything that is not classified as mandatory homework. i.e. non-homework activities.

E.g. exam preparation, doing past papers, creating notes, revising notes, etc.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Doing maths hwk is definitely study.

I'd say doing hwk would be studying for the most part?

waterlml

HSC
for me making notes and do hw are not 'study' lol, i think study is reading notes/textbooks and try to know and remember all the contents +do lots of practice questions.

Machiavelli1

HSC
for me making notes and do hw are not 'study' lol, i think study is reading notes/textbooks and try to know and remember all the contents +do lots of practice questions.
Why do you think making notes is not study?

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
I dont know about water, but notes are used as a reference as the whole purpose of notes are to solidify your knowledge on a concept. Writing notes only puts a theory in terms that you understand and how you would word it. All in all, making notes isn't studying, you're not memorising anything, not learning anything new, not fully understanding a concept, just simply writing a concept in terms that you would understand and not the textbook's definition.

waterlml

HSC
everyone's different, but for me making notes is like the thing i do before study, when i was making notes i actually didn't remember anything, i just wrote down the main points from textbooks, sheets etc and things i think will come in an exam, then study it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)