What's special about Aust music in the last 25 yrs? (1 Viewer)

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
From a country music perspective.......

Australian music has taken on a "pop" if i can call it that style.. with beat structures reminiscent of most pop music... but has keep its roots centered firmly in Australian heritage. things such as the environment, living on the land etc

an interesting thing is the globalsiation of music.. for example... Keith Urban publishes as an Australian but lives and works in the USA... i think this is an interesting point

i think im a little all over the place with this one but i hope it helps in some way

Josephine

HSC
My class of 3 is going to the AMC sometime soon - I really need to broaden my Australian music listening. And we're going to that Carl Vine thing as well, which should be really good, cos I'm playing one of his pieces for core performance.

caroline86

here is my method for good aussie music composing... label the numbers 1-4 on a dice as the first 4 notes of the scale of the key you are doing... number 5 is the lucky note where you pick note 5-8 at your own consideration, then number 6 on the dice is repeat the previous note.... you can also use the dice method to pick a rhythm

Last edited:

chepas

HSC
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! THat's hilarious, and true to about 90% of music made after about 1899.... oh dear... :crying tears of laughter:

Vive l'AMC! That's all I can say. Saved my life... How good is this, I finally find a piece there to do, a week before the performance 1/2 yearly.. Go me.... Lawrence Bartlett "Serenade for Tomorrow", very easy, but it's Aussie so meh... Core...

Hurray for diminutive classes too! It was a class of one for me last year, excellent rankings :) But then someone came at the start of this year... I finally have someone to compare myself with!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)