"What's in a proposal?" (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
:teacher:
"Write a proposal for your Major Work in which you formally outline your aims and objectives."

That is the task that my teacher has set me to. I have *just* started English Extension 2 this term (Term 4 2002). However, I have NO idea of what to write for my proposal! :eek: Having never written a proposal before, especially for English, I have no idea what to include in terms of content, form, etc.

I have my idea set out: I am going to write three short stories. I know what theme they will be based on, but no idea about the actual plot itself yet.

What do you suggest? Should I:
1. Figure out the plot then write my proposal, or
2. Write my proposal without any mention of the plot, or
3. other?

Help me. Eek.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
There are examples of proposals on our website, in the English Extension 2 section.

You should include details of the plot, multi-dimensional profiles of the primary characters, other details such as your target audience and what you hope to achieve by writing your major work, how it extends upon things you've learned or studied in the Advanced or Extension 1 courses, etc.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Thanks Lazarus

Thanks Lazarus... does anybody else have any hints (e.g. "don't include..." or "be sure to include...")?

Also, does anyone know where I would be able to view past major works?

Thanks again.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
We are revamping the site over the Christmas holidays, and the new version will include a major works page.

Until then, ask your teacher if you can look at the Board's standards package for Extension 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)