What's happened to Lear (1 Viewer)

BigBear_25

HSC
Whoa i just noticed,

The last post to be written about Lear was on the 22/4.
Ist't anyone doing Lear for Module B this term.
Also just wondering is anyone going to watch
the Harlos Production of King Lear at Bondi Pavillion
this year?

Im actually going next thursday to watch the production hpe its good.

lisssssy

HSC
hey yeh im doin lear and i saw the production at bondi on tuesday nyt...it was great!!..very welll done!!!

um...i hav an assessment as well and im not too sure bout one of the marking guidelines. Just wondering if u could help seeing as no one else but us seems to be doin lear!! lol

Ok well wer meant to pick 3 scenes from the play and adapt them for a young audience and that all well and good but one of the criteria says "how the different textual forms and technologies affect meaning in this representation" and i was jus wondring if u understand that cuz im a bit confused..

by textual forms does it mean a play and by technologies does it mean the way iv decided to represent the play?? Pleas HELP!!!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Actually a large number of 06ers are doing King Lear for Module B, its just that alot has already been posted on the module which I assume answers everyone's questions. I myself am doing King Lear and will be going to see the Harlos Production this week, actually looking forward to it hopefully I can make some good notes to help with my assessment.

Lisssssy > By textual forms it means I think, stage play, movie, original text etc as for technology that would be music, filming techniques etc as this can all effect the representation and the themes it its presenting.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
BigBear_25 said:
Whoa i just noticed,

this year?

The Tragedy of King Lear is usually the most popular module, but it seems there are just less (or less active) posters this year. Perhaps in part because most of the popular modules have established resources and stickies on this site so less discussion is provoked.

I went to see Harlos in 04 for Advanced, twas decent though not mindblowing. Its great to see it performed if you are unfamiliar with the drama script because it helps you realise just what you are reading if you know what I mean.

I didn't use Harlos in my final Advanced exam though, because its much easier to analyse a video that you can endlessly rewind than a play that is only on for so long.

Ok well wer meant to pick 3 scenes from the play and adapt them for a young audience and that all well and good but one of the criteria says "how the different textual forms and technologies affect meaning in this representation" and i was jus wondring if u understand that cuz im a bit confused..

by textual forms does it mean a play and by technologies does it mean the way iv decided to represent the play?? Pleas HELP!!!
Well think about it like this, as a producer, how would you change the text to make it more suitable for this younger audience? This would lead into how you'd have to change certain themes and events, for example: Gloucester's de-eyeing( i made up another word today - yay!) would not be suitable for 6 year olds. You'd also have to consider how information is conveyed(the form of the text;)) - a book or script might be too dense for younger readers, so you might want to go for something visual for example: puppet theatre (or something like the muppets), cartoons, film, picture books and so on. How would these changes affect the story? King Lear is designed as a play, so that is how it is written, so certain changes will need to be made to change it into another medium.

Hope some of this helps.:)

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
BigBear_25 said:
Whoa i just noticed,

this year?

Yeah I'm doing King Lear this year, and watched the live Production at Bondi last Wednesday. It was pretty alright, the only minor thing that pissed me off was the way each character played 50 other parts, without changing their costume. It kinda confused me. But the best thing about the excursion was that we were allowed to go to the beach during breaks and reached home at around 7 pm.

btw, I was just wondering....who was the school that wore long daggy maroon skirts.:rofl: no offence

PhoenixFire

Photographer
HSC
lisssssy said:
hey yeh im doin lear and i saw the production at bondi on tuesday nyt...it was great!!..very welll done!!!

How can you say that was done well, it barely has any texual integerity, besides lear, the fool and glouster, the actors were crap!

tennis_playa

HSC
hey yeh i saw that pathetic excuse 4 a play last tuesday...nah nah it was ok....the inside out robe changing was getting annoying and half the tym i 4got that a certain character was meant 2 b a different one in that scene...but its all good. just wanted 2 ask wot approach was taken 4 tha production??? feminist, aristotelian, existentialist?? need 2 no which one was most.... and another thing, uhh could anyone tell me 2 good scenes 2 do with there respective approaches??? im thinking act 1 scene1, which has 2 do with aristotelian tragedy and feminist, but im not sure. cheers

passion89

HSC
We saw the production of KL last wednesday and the guy playing Edmund/Kent hit himself in the head with his stick accidentally and the entire cast burst out laughing. It was hilarious, though very unprofessional and some of those actors (particularly the sisters) were crap.

Smittie

HSC
hey i saw the harlos production to...agreed sisters were very poor actors...loved storm scene although could bearly hear Lear....overall worthwhile...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)