What's difference between - B Science(Computer Science)/BMedia Arts and just the... (1 Viewer)

changing_skies

HSC
B Computer Sciene Degree @ UNSW? - sorry, couldn't finish the title!

I looked at their timetables and they look relatively the same and then I searched up on UAC and all it talked about is Media Arts, but it's a double degree so now I'm confused if there is computer sciene in it :S

I'm interesting in doing the B Computer Sciene, but in comparison the degree with Media Arts has an atar cut off of 82 which I can get into, while just B Comp Science is 91 which I can't.

I was thinking of perhaps transferring over to computer engineering or just having the one degree... Sorry if this doesn't make too much sense, but any help would be appreciated, including what you learn and do in a Computer Sciene Degree :)

HSC
N/A
Re: What's difference between - B Science(Computer Science)/BMedia Arts and just the.

The double degree takes 5 years, while the single Computer Science degree is just three years. From first year you study Computer Science (COMP) and Media Arts (SOMA) Courses.

The Media Arts degree was called Digital Media until 2013, so the website below is actually out of date, but it can give you an idea of what you will study.
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/informat...ate/programs/computer-science/COMPA13982.html

The UAC Entry is through the Media Arts, and shares the code with the single degree. If you are given an offer, you can then select the double degree when you enrol at UNSW.

The Computer Science degree has assumed knowledge of Maths Ext 1, but it will be an advantage if you have done Ext 2. If you haven't done Ext 1, you may need to complete a different MATH Course in Year 1 before you start MATH1131/1141.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)