What're some good scary/horror pc games (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I got doom 3, apparantly thats kinda scary (doesnt support 1440 x 900, why!?) what other scary/horror pc games are out there?

HSC
There was an awesome one I played ages ago, on windows 98. It was like a 4 or 5 disc game and you were this blonde woman whose husband was up to something in this creepy house. And you would look through keyholes and ask around town, it was so mad. Anyone know the name?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Heh, sounds silly, never heard of it.
Aliens vs Predator 2, now that is an awesome game. but i finished it like 50 times.....
any other scary games? or at least are supposed to be scary? (since were all big people now and we dont get scared from games)

erm

HSC
you probably heard this many times, but have you tried F.E.A.R?

also i found Stalker scary (but more due to the foreboding/depressing atmosphere)

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
There was an awesome one I played ages ago, on windows 98. It was like a 4 or 5 disc game and you were this blonde woman whose husband was up to something in this creepy house. And you would look through keyholes and ask around town, it was so mad. Anyone know the name?
clocktower maybe?

silent hill: homecoming is out this month or next
resident evil 3 and 4 have been ported to pc
system shock 2 - although the graphics are quite outdated there are high res patches you can download. if you're looking to play it, download the homebrew tweaks to the gameplay as well
condemned

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
GoW isn't scary.. lol.
that night mission in the dark kinda is.. but that's about it. Only instances that wre scary was when ...........never actually. ahhah

Innominate

HSC
Bioshock has a great atmosphere which you could say makes it scary. Condemned is supposed to be good as well although I haven't played it.

G

gmail92

Innominate said:
Bioshock has a great atmosphere which you could say makes it scary. Condemned is supposed to be good as well although I haven't played it.
That reminds me. I really want to play bioshock =]

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Hm.. is it just me or does doom 3 suck? Maybe i should've played it BEFORE crysis and unreal tournament 3, now my benchmarks have already been set...

stompy

HSC
F.E.A.R, but now I'm just part of the mindless sheep-like fanboy. Though, F.E.A.R is damn scary, and has excellent gameplay to boot.

Mongoosedog

HSC
Fatty Bear and Putt Putt is pretty scary. All the Dora the explorer games scare the shit outta me. Barbie is a good one. um...and cooking mama. FEAR is only scary if you are 3 years old

Blazamane

Banned
HSC
Cooking Mama scared the ever loving shit out of me, good post mongoose

Norma.Jean

HSC
Goosebumps:Return to Horrorland

haha not scary, although i do hate one bit (hate as in creeps me out) but super awesome :)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
So anyone got Silent Hill Homecoming? Any good? I want a game like resident evil 4 to play on my laptop for these holidays, how comparable to resident evil 4 are silent hill games?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)