What you hate about UNSW (2 Viewers)

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Yessss! This thread is my legacy to the UNSW forums.. and now its back in action /Tear

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
darkwolfzx said:
learn2beasian :D
i fink itz not a gud idea....=\
Seriously, I don't like the internationals very much, they don't talk to you.
The local asians are better.

darkwolfzx said:
i know..my task as a group member is to kick the asses of everyone else..then claim credit for doing SOME work
I'm the one who is currently co-ordinating ALL tasks in our Materials Group assignment.
I'm the one producing the foundation and greater portion of work.

Omium said:
Yessss! This thread is my legacy to the UNSW forums.. and now its back in action /Tear
:)

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Forbidden. said:
I'm the one who is currently co-ordinating ALL tasks in our Materials Group assignment.
I'm the one producing the foundation and greater portion of work.
In my group last semester..... The people in my group were so inefficient.
They barely talked, and "everybody" agreed That we should do the ENTIRE ASSIGNMENT seperately, then pick out the best parts and compile into one.. wasted so much time...

(Basically we had 4 completed assignments....)

(pfft 2nd year photovoltaic engineers :S)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Omium said:
In my group last semester..... The people in my group were so inefficient.
They barely talked, and "everybody" agreed That we should do the ENTIRE ASSIGNMENT seperately, then pick out the best parts and compile into one.. wasted so much time...

(Basically we had 4 completed assignments....)

(pfft 2nd year photovoltaic engineers :S)
wow totally defeats the purpose of groupwork lol

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Did I mention degree discrimination.
I tried to enrol into Materials but they put blocks on certain lab times and only mechanical engineers are allowed to enrol in them.
If there is a flexible first-year stream of engineers who have preliminary thoughts on doing mechanical engineering can't enrol in any of those times then that blocking system is fail.

eventually that system sucked balls and now any engineer can enrol in any of those lab classes finally.

fuck class enrolment blocking

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Forbidden. said:
Did I mention degree discrimination.
I tried to enrol into Materials but they put blocks on certain lab times and only mechanical engineers are allowed to enrol in them.
If there is a flexible first-year stream of engineers who have preliminary thoughts on doing mechanical engineering can't enrol in any of those times then that blocking system is fail.

eventually that system sucked balls and now any engineer can enrol in any of those lab classes finally.

fuck class enrolment blocking
Hm, never heard of that..

I think i found a way to do a course even if you havent done the pre-requisite.........

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
Omium said:
Hm, never heard of that..

I think i found a way to do a course even if you havent done the pre-requisite.........
How? :O

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
soopacow said:
Lets say you want to do MATH1B which was a pre-requisite of MATH1A.

You enrol in MATH1A, and then enrol in MATH1B.
So your enrolled in MATH1A and MATH1B at the same time...

Then unenrol from MATH1A
Viola
Your enrolment for MATH1B still stands.

Morbo

HSC
They'll unenrol you manually once they know you havent completed the prerequisites and why would you want to do that in the first place? lol
I had that same trouble with Materials, they only reserve a certain amount of spaces for certain degrees and because I'm doing a double degree, all the spots were already gone so I had to go to the school and demand they enrol me into the course. Pain in the arse really...

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Morbo said:
They'll unenrol you manually once they know you havent completed the prerequisites and why would you want to do that in the first place? lol
I had that same trouble with Materials, they only reserve a certain amount of spaces for certain degrees and because I'm doing a double degree, all the spots were already gone so I had to go to the school and demand they enrol me into the course. Pain in the arse really...
Meh, they won't realise your in the course untill its too late..

Pace_T

HSC
i dont see why many people would choose unsw over usyd. i only chose it cos its easy to get to considering where i live. tee hee!

-Anfernee-

HSC
youBROKEmyLIFE said:
Thread Necromancy:

Fast Fact, UNSW is way better than UTS.

* I've never felt so goddamn white and out of place in my entire life
* Most of my lecturers are shit
* No real information regarding what is wanted for assignments
* No real information on where to get past papers, etc. for studying.

Oh that's a load of bs you're spewing there, pal.

Just face it, a dorky white runt like you would feel out of place anywhere that's vibrant and culturually diverse. It's not surpirsing that you feel it the most at a campus with a lot of cool, good-looking, young, fit international and local students everywhere.

Face it chump, pretty much every university is going to be hard to handle for a socially inept loner like yourself.

Just stick to complaining about " past papers, shit lecturers and assignments", because such nerdish pursuits are your forte.

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Pace_T said:
i dont see why many people would choose unsw over usyd. i only chose it cos its easy to get to considering where i live. tee hee!
i chose it because both of my sisters went to USYD . haha.

and where you been Anfernee? Haven't seen you in a while. lulz.
pretty funny what you wrote though. XD

-Anfernee-

HSC
shinji said:
i chose it because both of my sisters went to USYD . haha.

and where you been Anfernee? Haven't seen you in a while. lulz.
pretty funny what you wrote though. XD

Oh I've been busy with uni and work...etc but I'm really looking forward to the Summer Break. :)

How are things going with you?

Also Pace T, UNSW is only like 10 mins away from Usyd, so I don't really see how distance is a problem for you, unless you live a few blocks away from either uni.

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
-Anfernee- said:
Oh I've been busy with uni and work...etc but I'm really looking forward to the Summer Break. :)

How are things going with you?

Also Pace T, UNSW is only like 10 mins away from Usyd, so I don't really see how distance is a problem for you, unless you live a few blocks away from either uni.
haha cool cool. Same really. uni, work, training, bludging. Lost my motivation for some reason. haha. I'm really lookin forward to the 3 month break. can't wait!! ><

and it may be like 10 minutes away, but if you go from unsw --> central --> usyd
it'll take about 15-30minutes. lol.

I sprained my wrist at training. :(it hurts ><

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
shinji said:
haha cool cool. Same really. uni, work, training, bludging. Lost my motivation for some reason. haha. I'm really lookin forward to the 3 month break. can't wait!! ><

and it may be like 10 minutes away, but if you go from unsw --> central --> usyd
it'll take about 15-30minutes. lol.

I sprained my wrist at training. :(it hurts ><
I fell for the UNSW hype....... thats why im here. :(

Though UNSW is awesome

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
USyd are pretentious wankers. UNSW, while pretentious wankers, are actually justified in being so. Difference :)

PS, the 370 is a bus which directly connects UNSW and USyd. It takes about 10 mins between them.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Dumsum said:
USyd are pretentious wankers. UNSW, while pretentious wankers, are actually justified in being so. Difference :)

PS, the 370 is a bus which directly connects UNSW and USyd. It takes about 10 mins between them.
Hey your doing a math degree right?
Does math get more interesting/much harder in later years?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Dumsum said:

oh .. u serious? =/

where do i catch it? on anzac parade?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)