• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What would you tell your parents? (1 Viewer)

klaris

HSC
I know, right. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THEM?!

Reading also falls under the "my future" category. I think they generally disapprove of my lifestyle.

klaris

HSC
ahahahahahahahaahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha

i'm sure that will work.

although, i still want to salvage a little bit of affection or a normal relationship from the wreckage so i think i'll take a different tact.

haha.

yups

HSC
my parents are so overprotective and confusing.. and somehow they find everything out in the end anyway so i dont even need to tell them ..e.g. my mum randomly found out that i have a boyfriend (even though me and my boyfriend had kept our relationship private at the time - noone knew).. but somehow she just finds everything out so in the end, i can't keep anything from her anyway.

klaris

HSC
They used to be super strict on guys. One day, someone told me that they can't stop me from having a boyfriend.

And I've had three boyfriends since. They knew about two of them and they didn't really like it - but there was no way in hell I was breaking up just because they disapproved. I did what I wanted and I ended up happier than I would have been if I followed their rules.

Ultimately, it is my life and I only have eighteen months until I am 18 and finished school - finally able to do what I like.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I reckon a lot of people when the yget older feel guilty that as teenagers they treated their parents like shit.

klaris

HSC
Well I hope they feel guilty that they treat me like shit.

EDIT: okay, that sounded really harsh. I guess I am just extremely pissed off at them lately and have been talking about them like they are utter shit - albeit, everything I said about them is true. I'm just handling horribly and hate that they just don't understand or care

:(

yups

HSC
I reckon a lot of people when the yget older feel guilty that as teenagers they treated their parents like shit.
true .. but if you're saying that not telling your parents every little detail about your life constitutes "treating parents like shit", then i disagree.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
They used to be super strict on guys. One day, someone told me that they can't stop me from having a boyfriend.

And I've had three boyfriends since. They knew about two of them and they didn't really like it - but there was no way in hell I was breaking up just because they disapproved. I did what I wanted and I ended up happier than I would have been if I followed their rules.

Ultimately, it is my life and I only have eighteen months until I am 18 and finished school - finally able to do what I like.
18 isn't really that big a deal. especially if you live in a 'my house, my rules' kind of environment

mirakon

nigga
HSC
true .. but if you're saying that not telling your parents every little detail about your life constitutes "treating parents like shit", then i disagree.
No that's not what i meant. I'm just saying in general when some dorky teenagers in an effort to be cool just ignore their parents and abuse them due to some inherent angst and to seem tough to their equally dorky friends

HSC
No that's not what i meant. I'm just saying in general when some dorky teenagers in an effort to be cool just ignore their parents and abuse them due to some inherent angst and to seem tough to their equally dorky friends
"Shut up mom!"
I always think of The Simpsons when I see a kid like that.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Yeah, like what I mean is in Year 7 for example there was a kid full swearing and calling their mother a 'fuckin bitch' just because she wouldn't let him take his gamecube over to someone's house. I mean what the hells, the guy who's house he went to has a ps3, table tennis, foosball, pool and I was bringing my gamecube anyway, so why call someone, who has supported and loved you sicne you were a kid, the person who gave life to you, a bitch about that?

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
No, but I'll be out of their house. At uni.
just like at the moment you're out of the house, at school?

depending on what course you do, you may only have 3/4 days at uni :s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)