What would you like to see on BOS? (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

Kolmias

HSC
Having moderators ban accounts before and after busy periods (e.g. Tests)
Apologies but that isis a simply terrible idea and it would hurt the traffic of the site if that was implemented.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
A microphone where the words come up on screen (do this is the threads and private messages); similar to the google app. For example we click on the microphone and then it starts voice recording and then we say "How much do I have to study?" and then the words "How much do I have to study" appear in the text box

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Make it a condition of membership that if you want to be a member of the forums, you have to pay a certain fee. Ban all current members who cannot or don't want to pay the fee. I just want to see how many members are left on here after this happens :D
I just want to see how many members sign up for our special discount where saltedwound pays all the fees.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Make it a condition of membership that if you want to be a member of the forums, you have to pay a certain fee. Ban all current members who cannot or don't want to pay the fee. I just want to see how many members are left on here after this happens :D
would have more of a negative effect on the BOS community

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
A cohort group for a certain subject (e.g. English) where we post all of our work and such for help (and marking) and then other people in our cohort and post so then we can learn from one another. (e.g. for english create a "cohort english thread class of 2017" and then when people access this thread, they can share their english resources and post stuff such as essays and creatives for marking by another member of the cohort. That way we learn of each other)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
A cohort group for a certain subject (e.g. English) where we post all of our work and such for help (and marking) and then other people in our cohort and post so then we can learn from one another. (e.g. for english create a "cohort english thread class of 2017" and then when people access this thread, they can share their english resources and post stuff such as essays and creatives for marking by another member of the cohort. That way we learn of each other)
You can create a thread, and post resources/share links to resources there.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
You can create a thread, and post resources/share links to resources there.
No I mean...say for example this was based on english advanced, we could have a discussion in this thread on the modules and the area of study and bounce ideas off each other on what the rubric means and how to succeed in writing, etc. Also, we could attach a file to our stuff (e.g. essays, creatives and short response) and post it on the thread so that people and give each other feedback and where they're going wrong and where they can improve. This therefore not only improves the individuals themselves but helps themselves as well (if you get what I mean)

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
No I mean...say for example this was based on english advanced, we could have a discussion in this thread on the modules and the area of study and bounce ideas off each other on what the rubric means and how to succeed in writing, etc. Also, we could attach a file to our stuff (e.g. essays, creatives and short response) and post it on the thread so that people and give each other feedback and where they're going wrong and where they can improve. This therefore not only improves the individuals themselves but helps themselves as well (if you get what I mean)
People can steal writing and claim it as their own

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
People can steal writing and claim it as their own

The point of the thread/forum is to assist students in english by giving feedback on other's work and sharing ideas and opinions which help students, not to plagarise someone else's essay/creative

Also, you can plagarise someone's work very easily so what difference would it make to have this thread/forum

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
The point of the thread/forum is to assist students in english by giving feedback on other's work and sharing ideas and opinions which help students, not to plagarise someone else's essay/creative

Also, you can plagarise someone's work very easily so what difference would it make to have this thread/forum
Yea the intention of this is to help students but people may abuse it ie plagiarize. Because of this, many would be reluctant to post their works publically.

No, plagiarism is not that easy. Discovery is relatively new aos. For mod c, people and politics is also a relatively new elective (especially there aren't many resources out in the internet for this) etc. The resource section is kinda outdated, so there would not be much of a point plagarising it. If you made a forum like that, you have just made plagiarism a lot easier, and knowing some people, they cave in to that type of temptation very easily.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Yea the intention of this is to help students but people may abuse it ie plagiarize. Because of this, many would be reluctant to post their works publically.

No, plagiarism is not that easy. Discovery is relatively new aos. For mod c, people and politics is also a relatively new elective (especially there aren't many resources out in the internet for this) etc. The resource section is kinda outdated, so there would not be much of a point plagarising it. If you made a forum like that, you have just made plagiarism a lot easier, and knowing some people, they cave in to that type of temptation very easily.

My HSC is in 2017 so there should be more resources for discovery and mod c. Also you can get essays and such from other friends, relatives who did the same AOS before you

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A

Also, this is not just based on english but also other subjects like Maths, physics, chemistry etc and it's quite hard to plagarise in those subjects, except for ones with assignments (like physics/chem but that's rare)

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Also, this is not just based on english but also other subjects like Maths, physics, chemistry etc and it's quite hard to plagarise in those subjects, except for ones with assignments (like physics/chem but that's rare)
what would you share in a maths thread lol

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Scanned copy of current school maths papers, tutoring notes, tutoring resources, etc
As a general note, I think you really, really need to expand your horizons past relying on tutors.
Eventually, you're going to have to learn to basically learn by yourself, and tbh I don't think right now you know how to from what I've seen of your posts.

There is literally thousands of maths papers available online, I don't think new ones will really help tbh
You don't really need notes for maths either..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)