• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What would you call this? (1 Viewer)

tomn8r

HSC
Hey all.
Im on my gap year, doing what you do on gap years, and that is thinking a lot.

I was accepted into a comms and journalism at UNSW but it was essentially a default choice because i didnt know.

Now, have you seen the movie 'What women want' with mel gibson?
His job in that movie, in advertising. Making the concepts... winning the 'deals' desiging the campaigns. For big buisness etc etc...
I presume that as its a movie, its not an accurate portrait of the job, but what would be the course to do at UNSW to do something like that.
I like the creative and inventive side of it... but Im into leading and stuff.
I just have no clue and don't know where to start to look into this career/course.

Any help would be appriciated

HSC
Communication is fine, though what you're looking at will probably require a fair bit of experience.

Other options could possibly be, the other BMedia streams (Media Production?) or maybe Digital Media. Those would lean to the creative side of things, the other side would probably be Communication & Journalism or even Commerce.

icecoffee

HSC
This is similar to what i want/wanted to do- marketing/advertising. At the moment, i'm doing Commerce (liberal studies) but i also considered Arts (media and communication). I think MQ or UTS might even have a course specifically on advertising, i'm not too sure though, you'll have to check the UAC guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)