What would u do? (1 Viewer)

FLR-IT

Lets say u bomb out of the HSC and dont get the UAI u want would u go to UWS or ANU??

and why?

why would bombing out result in u going to uws what is so bad about uws ???? tell me what you know about uws

it doesn not matter what university you go whether its ANU or UWS the structure of the degree is exactly the same , you would do the exact same modules and courses as you would in any other university which is more "prestigious" but the only difference is that instead of having UNSW u would have UWS

and if u think that you will get ahead with ur UNSW degeree you are dead wrong in the end it comes down to YOU what type of personal qualities and skills you posess because once ur in that interview YOU will be doing the talking and not ur degree

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Dude, ANU is arguably the best Uni in Australia. It's on my prefs. UWS is also on my list (It goes CSU, UTS, UOW, UWS, UC, Maccas and then ANU) and ANU and Maccas are only at the bottom because they didn't have my first choice (Maccas was Science and ANU was Science/Asian Studies, Asian studies/Arts)

As you can see - no Sydney, no UNSW. If I bomb out in the HSC and don't get my UAI, well then I guess I'll be going to tafe and getting an apprenticship (sp?) for a while, in Viticulture or something like that - something I enjoy but dont wanna make a career out of - spoil my love for it :p oooh! Or Aquaculture - take my fishing to the extreme :p

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
and let me just add... maybe you should take a look at employment rates.. I think you might be in for a rude shock. Prestige doesn't equal good Uni. It usually means pretentious snobs.

SoFTuaRiaL

prestige is an issue ONLY IF u wish to go abroad for work ..... if u know that ure gonna be in australia, it really doesnt matter which uni u go to, all that matters is the course u do ....

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Da Monster, you should be careful with that comment. :p The University and Course are linked usually. Just take Actuarial Studies, for example. You can't justify sayin' that the course at UNSW is as good as the one at MQ. The MQ course is (far) superior. :D:D:D

is a roflcopter
HSC
well
i would repeat if i bomb out

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
haha it looks like FLR-IT got shot down :p

Originally posted by Da Monstar
all that matters is the course u do ....
that is also not true, for example (okay sorry it's a personal example cos i can't think of anything else) i want to be some sort of designer in the future but it doesn't really matter what sort of course i do, as long as it's vaguely related to design. what matters is how i apply my skills i have learnt from the course, to my design aesthetics

and yeah i agree with everything spruce moose said, fuck i'm so sick of people complaining about "oh i'm going to fail the hsc i'll have to go to uws" or something along the lines of that. wake up and smell the coffee, there are soooooo many paths you can take apart from direct uni.

like deferment, tafe, transferring, double degrees, mature-aged entry, interstate/overseas, work, cadetships, apprenticeships, work/industry placements, etc etc.

edit: hm i realise FLR-IT is probably aiming for like the big shots so as a disclaimer this isn't a personal attack on anyone i'm just saying.

Last edited:

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Originally posted by FLR-IT
Lets say u bomb out of the HSC and dont get the UAI u want would u go to UWS or ANU??

and why?
i think you mean ACU = Australian Catholic University because ANU is a group 8 Uni.

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't mind going to UWS...except the courses I wanna do are only avaliable at the Penrith campus which is an hour from where I live and considering my lack of road skills I'll never find my way there

Generator

HSC
N/A
Ah, train and bus or train and walk? (directed at boredofschool)

routemarker

HSC
Re: Re: Re: What would u do?

Originally posted by googy_1985
So if you are a "group of 8" uni, it means the courses are of a good quality? Ha!
group 8 unis get 70% of all research funding out of all the Unis in Oz so yea it doesnt hurt to go to a go8 but UC is very very good i hear :D

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Generator
Ah, train and bus or train and walk? (directed at boredofschool)
I'm not a fan of public transport!
But might have to become one...:rolleyes:

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Re: Re: Re: Re: What would u do?

Originally posted by routemarker
group 8 unis get 70% of all research funding out of all the Unis in Oz so yea it doesnt hurt to go to a go8 but UC is very very good i hear :D
Yeh, sorry about sounding harsh before :)

I agree they have a history of research and I guess prestige, but if you look around unis such as UTS etc offer vary good courses aimed at 'real life' experience..

routemarker

HSC
well i think it doesnt really matter what uni you go into as long as they are well recognised by respective associations and that you get similar accreditation (ie aust board of architects etc...).

bex

HSC
The name of your uni means jack shit unless your particular course is renowned amongst industry professionals as being extraordinarily good. Im about to apply to change courses to advertising at CSU. CSU is by no means one of the prestigious well known unis around yet their course is highly regarded amongst industry professionals. 1st year out students have a 98% employment rate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)