What would a City Rail transit officer do in a case such as this... (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Lost dog catches train home
From correspondents in London
August 28, 2005

WHEN Archie the black labrador lost his owner at a lonely Scottish railway station, he proved his well-trained pedigree and jumped aboard the first train home.

Not only did the dog catch the right train, he got off at the right station, the Mail on Sunday newspaper said.

Owner Mike Taitt lost sight of Archie at Inverurie station, near Aberdeen in eastern Scotland, and was hoping someone would spot his tag and return the much-loved mutt.

"He is a very intelligent dog," Taitt said.

"When he could not find me, he simply took the right train home. He's been on that train before. I am convinced he knew it was the right one. But who knows?"

Closed-circuit television footage shows the dog waiting for his master at the station before watching the Aberdeen to Inverness train pull in.

Unable to find his owner, the black labrador decided to avoid a long walk home by nipping aboard the train.

He got out at the right stop, Insch, 12 minutes along the line, to the bemusement of signalman Derek Hope.

"There was a train conductor standing with Archie on the platform saying he had got on at Inverurie but didn't have a ticket," Hope said.

Two police forces, the national rail operating system and the local train service have all logged the incident.
Source: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,16412130%5E1702,00.html

rink

HSC
Probably look at the tag, find the owner and try to fine them if possible (i hate the cityrail ppl grrrrrrr) coz ur not allowed to have any pets in cityrail trains unless their guide dogs.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Clear terrorism potential. Shoot to kill

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
the dog would get a delayed train which stopped for no reason then after finally it got of its stop , the cityrail gaurds would ask for a ticket and apon not finding one, they would slap the dog with a 200 dollar fine.

hopey989

HSC
C'mon guys! lay off tha cityrail pplz.....at least tha transit officers...they dun make the trains late!

They jus do their job! no quota, no bullshit lyk dat...has anyone noticed the drop in assualts on trains since their inception a few years back?

fatmuscle

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
rofl :p

seriously though, how cool is that? wish my dogs were that smart.
me too.

my dog only listens when there's food invovled. i guess that's some kind of intelligence?

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
hopey989 said:
C'mon guys! lay off tha cityrail pplz.....at least tha transit officers...they dun make the trains late!

They jus do their job! no quota, no bullshit lyk dat...has anyone noticed the drop in assualts on trains since their inception a few years back?
I noticed that when a friend was being harassed by a strange man the only response she got from the guards compartment was a note saying: Do not bother the guards.

Transits officers are a useless waste of resources.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
fatmuscle said:
me too.

my dog only listens when there's food invovled. i guess that's some kind of intelligence?
Reward and punishment ;)

You can make animals do all sorts of things by conditioning them with pleasure or pain... humans too.

X

xeuyrawp

rink said:
Probably look at the tag, find the owner and try to fine them if possible (i hate the cityrail ppl grrrrrrr) coz ur not allowed to have any pets in cityrail trains unless their guide dogs.
There's enough shit and pee on the trains as it is.

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
I reackon they would try to get rid of the dog but would learn quickly to leave things that are more intelligent than themselves alone!

persephone

HSC
Iron said:
Clear terrorism potential. Shoot to kill
yeah probably ;)

They probably would be ill-equipped and poorly trained to handle the situation.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
I fucking hate dogs. All they do is bark while I try to hang my washing out. I wish there were some sort of airborne predator of dogs, swooping down from the air and snaring the little pricks in its talons. Like some sort of massive eagle.

And the media doesn't like to admit it because it deprives half-brained Daily columnists of something to whinge about, but the transport system is restored to working order, credit to the state government.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)