What will happen if I don't do as well for the hsc? (1 Viewer)

d double e

HSC
So I'm really happy with my course marks & rankings after just receiving my trial results. However, I'm so drained out from the exams that I'm not as motivated to study for the HSC as I was for the trials. Let's say my rankings are really good and I do a little better than average, but nothing spectacular, how much will that directly affect my atar?

For example, I'm ranked first for one subject. If I get the 6th highest mark in the hsc exam, how much will that affect my hsc mark?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
It'll bring it down, obviously, but you'll still get the highest assessment mark. Remember that your overall HSC mark is the average between the moderated HSC assessment mark and the moderated HSC examination mark, so it still counts for a lot.

AztecWarrior

HSC
It depends what the difference is between the 6th mark and the 1st mark. It should only lower your mark by 3-4 points though.

My advice if your not motivated is to take like the next week easy. Don't do a lot of work, watch movies, have a life, look at uni courses you want (if you're planning to go uni) and you'd be surprised how refreshing you feel.

zozoraneem

HSC
Hey! Dont worry i was in your situation one day!
i got ranked first for all my subjects and thought i could relax and still get a good atar, but my teacher told me it is better to get a higher mark in hsc than in trials... so i took some time to relax then got motivated and studied really hard and ended up with a 99 ATAR. so it is in your favor to take a break like AztecWarrior said then go and study even harder!

If you have any other question, you can send me a message :)

Remember you only have to work hard for the next 2 months, and then you can party harder!
Gd luck!

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
Well to be honest the most likely result is that you still end up studying a decent amount and in the exam room you do put in the effort to complete it to the best of your ability. The only thing you're doing though is possibly opening up a can of worms when you get your HSC results back and you start hating yourself for slacking off.

In my honest opinion, take a week off, if your ranked first and went good internally you deserve to use a full week to recuperate. Then, on the last day of that week, plan your study schedule and study like a champion.

I know this sounds literally like a pep talk but honestly don't give up this close to finishing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)