• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What will be the impromptut design activity? (1 Viewer)

sonic1988

The Rookie
HSC
Do we have to write a review for a short clip? I remember something like that was told in the Lecture on Monday.

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
You'll be asked to get into teams of maybe 4-8 people and design and implement something using materials given(usually stuff you can buy at the supermarket like balloons and string.

Last year we had to design a "water delivery system" that can bring a cup of water down a wire to a target without spilling it. My team failed :(

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
chucknthem said:
You'll be asked to get into teams of maybe 4-8 people and design and implement something using materials given(usually stuff you can buy at the supermarket like balloons and string.

Last year we had to design a "water delivery system" that can bring a cup of water down a wire to a target without spilling it. My team failed :(
Same project.
Team Jelly Baby achieved 70%, meh.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Forbidden. said:
Same project.
Team Jelly Baby achieved 70%, meh.
My teams assignment was so cool.
The guy marked really harshly, he realised i was making crap up as i explained it to him. (lol)

Extract from what i said to him

"Our water delivery system has been ergonomically designed incorporating the various principles of Engineering, The Balloons provided a stablising mechanism through which the strucutre was maintained and secured.
The straws played a pivotal role in increasing the frictional forces thus keeping our cup stable"

Meh, he said i shouldve mentioned more on Drag :(

He also gave my group 70%

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
LOL, putting those HSC english bushitting skills to work. :rolleyes: It won't work in engineering though, they want explanations to be simple(but no simpler) and concise, not overtly complex and fluffed up. :p

sonic1988

The Rookie
HSC
and we will need to produce a short/brief report on monday. sigh

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
dudes, just relax. that little intro project is nothing more than a bonding session. the real thing is going to be much harder and that is where the marks will come from.

why is everyone worrying?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)