what we've learnt in class doesn't align with the y11 bio syllabus (1 Viewer)

hscgirl

HSC
hey guys, so i was looking through the y11 bio syllabus, and i can’t seem to find anything about ‘the timeline of cell creation’ (i.e. a timeline outlining when each scientist discovered what part of the cell or what invention which lead to the cell theory). however, we covered the cell theory timeline in class (even though i can’t seem to find it on the syllabus) and as a result i asked my teacher if we will be tested on it and she said we could. i am a bit confused - since what is not written on the syllabus we can’t be tested on, right? can someone help me out here lol, is it worth memorising the names of like 10 scientists and what they invented and when/how it contributed to the cell theory (tho its not on the syllabus)? thanks!

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
hey guys, so i was looking through the y11 bio syllabus, and i can’t seem to find anything about ‘the timeline of cell creation’ (i.e. a timeline outlining when each scientist discovered what part of the cell or what invention which lead to the cell theory). however, we covered the cell theory timeline in class (even though i can’t seem to find it on the syllabus) and as a result i asked my teacher if we will be tested on it and she said we could. i am a bit confused - since what is not written on the syllabus we can’t be tested on, right? can someone help me out here lol, is it worth memorising the names of like 10 scientists and what they invented and when/how it contributed to the cell theory (tho its not on the syllabus)? thanks!
i dont really remeber learning about that, but we did learn about scientists who contributed to genetics as well as the DNA structure

You should note that some schools do extra work outside the syllabus, and it does appear in their school exams and trials so if you learn something that only ur school teaches you should still know it... quite a few schools do this e.g ruse with math i think

hscgirl

HSC
i dont really remeber learning about that, but we did learn about scientists who contributed to genetics as well as the DNA structure

You should note that some schools do extra work outside the syllabus, and it does appear in their school exams and trials so if you learn something that only ur school teaches you should still know it... quite a few schools do this e.g ruse with math i think
but what's the point of teaching outside the syllabus 😭😭

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
im so stupid... this is the y11 syllabus
yeah we learnt that timeline as well
sorry i did it in like year 9 i couldn't remember

SupernerdS8B

HSC
im so stupid... this is the y11 syllabus
yeah we learnt that timeline as well
sorry i did it in like year 9 i couldn't remember
Literally DOES NOT MATTER AT ALL

2 years everyone forgets what's the point, I should post this in entertainment but there's a thread already talking about how meaningless this junk is

hscgirl

HSC
Learning about the history of scientist is something that was in the old syllabus. Likely if your teacher is a long term teacher, she still uses elements of the old syllabus
ohhh, tysm. so it isn't necessary for me to know the things she taught us then about the scientists?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)