• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What we have to study (1 Viewer)

08er

HSC
Do we make notes from the textbook according to the topics studied in the lecture/leture notes as only these topics can be examined, or do they expect us to know every topic in between (QMA for example)? Help please

08er

HSC
what im trying to ask is will we only be examined on the material taught during lectures (i.e. from lecture notes) such that we can skip topics in textbooks which we have not been taught?

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Obviously if it's not taught it won't be tested? But there will be areas within a topic covered that will not be taught in extensive detail and will require further reading of textbook.

08er

HSC
ok just making sure, because i didnt know whether to study topics that werent covered in lectures

Pace_T

HSC
a trick for scoping your course is to categorise what the lecturer is teaching into topics and then break down those topics into issues then use the textbook to cover those issues thoroughly

that way you only cover the extra material that is directly related to what the lecturer has taught.

rockvsstone

HSC
Sorry but I'd like to er...ask a question in this thread if you don't mind cos i didn't want to make another thread about it lol. Um, I know that topics that weren't covered in lecturers we shouldn't worry about, but how about examples from the textbook that are different from examples from the lecture notes? Like for eg, With the functions intro , the lecturer note only gives egs on how to simply a composite as a function but in the textbook, they have other things such as how to express a function as a composite? Hence, should we be making note of these extra materials as they could be covered? Ie. not follow too strictly on the lecture notes?:)

08er

HSC
that was exactly what i was asking. someone please answer :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)