What was the answer to Question 4 Multiple choice? (1 Viewer)

thommy

HSC
N/A
I definitely thought it was b, but still thought it was dodgy. However, some people are nowing it was a.

Garygaz

HSC
Yea I'm pretty sure it was B man. They don't have a continuation of the law, as there was no law to begin with. No where in my whole SOR book does it mention anything about Aboriginal law.

HSC
I chose B too, but could it have been continunance of like tribal laws and traditions?? I'm a bit paranoid too, I think I was the only one from my school who chose B for Q4)

imqt

Premium Member
HSC
lol my teacher said its A SO B is wrong because initiation is difficult trials to prepare the boys and girls for adolescent years where they have more responsibilities to pass of the LAW....and yes the Dreaming has been called the LAW! It cant be be because they dont celebrate Kinship by initiation trials

rascy

HSC
I put B and then changed to A later on....
i didn't like either answer, but yeah, I thought... kinship has nothing to do with initiation... and yeah i was like "law" as in, Aboriginal law??
and then i got out of the exam and teacher said he thought it was B...
i hope it was A!! or at least marker takes pitty on me....

i also stuffed that fiji question. =(

HSC
it is a pretty ambiguous question and the textbooks dont really cover it, both A and B should just get marked right :rolleyes:

crestor

HSC
Initiation
  • Initiation brings young people into the adult community.
  • Young men and women participated in separate ceremonies.
  • PUBERTY INITIATION:
    • The initiated person learns sacred stories and traditions of the group
    • The initiated person is taught the cultural values of the group
I did a quick search and found this ^^^ on some SOR syllabus site http://mrachmar.com/sor11/aboriginalspirituality.html and thats why I think that it is (A) for question 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)