What UAI would you be content/happy with? (1 Viewer)

What UAI would you be content/happy with?

• 80-85

Votes: 94 17.8%
  • 85-87

Votes: 39 7.4%
  • 87-90

Votes: 43 8.1%
  • 90-92

Votes: 69 13.1%
  • 92-94

Votes: 30 5.7%
  • 94-96

Votes: 67 12.7%
  • 96-98

Votes: 62 11.7%
  • 98-99

Votes: 29 5.5%
  • 99-100

Votes: 53 10.0%

Votes: 27 5.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 15 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trajan

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
depends how you look at it.

Well I was looking at it from the perspective of an elite student.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious......ari89.

:)

cerys

because i can.
HSC
Realistically, I think I would get an 80.

But I'm striving for at least a 90+ UAI. I'll just have to find that motivation I need to get me studying.

catherinet

HSC
Between 75 and 83.
Anything higher may encourage me to persue a career that i have no interest in, yet feel obliged to study due to the fact that i can.
Anything lower will make it impossible to do any course that could lead me into the field that i desire to be in.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
catherinet said:
Between 75 and 83.
Anything higher may encourage me to persue a career that i have no interest in, yet feel obliged to study due to the fact that i can.
Anything lower will make it impossible to do any course that could lead me into the field that i desire to be in.
Well, I have different points of view in regards to that. Wouldn't you have more access to broader field of degrees if you have high UAI? The courses that I may wish to pursue may only require 60-70, but I wish to gain highest UAI possible to broaden my options.

Your points seem fair though. :D :D :D

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
catherinet said:
Between 75 and 83.
*isstalkingyourposts*

get the highest uai you can, do your desired course and pwn everyone else in it. you'll graduate with honours and be nominated as a phd candidate.

:ninja:

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
Well, I have different points of view in regards to that. Wouldn't you have more access to broader field of degrees if you have high UAI? The courses that I may wish to pursue may only require 60-70, but I wish to gain highest UAI possible to broaden my options.

Your points seem fair though. :D :D :D
What are you looking at doing at uni?
I think I need about a 90ish but right now I just want to get the highest possible and not think about what I "need", it might make me underachieve.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Sarah182 said:
What are you looking at doing at uni?
I think I need about a 90ish but right now I just want to get the highest possible and not think about what I "need", it might make me underachieve.
Education degree. But I am not entirely sure. My parents advise me to take a one-year education degree instead of taking a degree that takes like 3 to 5 years to complete. My parents always tell me to do either an actuary or medicine. I am not sure though. I just want the highest UAI possible to see what I can do.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
Education degree. But I am not entirely sure. My parents advise me to take a one-year education degree instead of taking a degree that takes like 3 to 5 years to complete. My parents always tell me to do either an actuary or medicine. I am not sure though. I just want the highest UAI possible to see what I can do.
I think you would make a great teacher or counsellor, just from what I've seen on BOS. The amount of kids you've helped out has to be astronomical.

HSC
lyounamu said:
thats easy do med/actuary then do a dip ed afterwards. :)

bettina44

HSC
obviously 100(look below) but that's kind of unrealistic,i expect myself to probably get 50s or 60s

Devouree

Good names already taken.
HSC
Sarah182 said:
I think you would make a great teacher or counsellor, just from what I've seen on BOS. The amount of kids you've helped out has to be astronomical.
I completely agree. You'll make a great teacher. However, I'm not sure a dip ed would be the best idea. Decide what course you want to do (well, at least choose either actuary or med) and then do a double degree with education. With a degree like that, depending on where you want to teach (if you do... I'm assuming cause you want an ed degree) you could probably/certainly get a job. I mean, education is currently a national priority, according to funding schemes from the government. On the other hand stuff like commerce/law is priority 3, the lowest :( Meaning i have to pay more :(

selablad

HSC
Devouree said:
I completely agree. You'll make a great teacher. However, I'm not sure a dip ed would be the best idea. Decide what course you want to do (well, at least choose either actuary or med) and then do a double degree with education. With a degree like that, depending on where you want to teach (if you do... I'm assuming cause you want an ed degree) you could probably/certainly get a job. I mean, education is currently a national priority, according to funding schemes from the government. On the other hand stuff like commerce/law is priority 3, the lowest :( Meaning i have to pay more :(
Wow, I didn't realise they had different levels of priorities...

HSC
Devouree said:
I completely agree. You'll make a great teacher. However, I'm not sure a dip ed would be the best idea.
why not?

Decide what course you want to do (well, at least choose either actuary or med) and then do a double degree with education.
there is one problem with that. most universities (if not all) don't offer a double degree in med/ed and actuary/ed. if you know of one please feel free to prove me wrong.

With a degree like that, depending on where you want to teach (if you do... I'm assuming cause you want an ed degree) you could probably/certainly get a job.
getting a job is dependant on a range of factors not just the degree you have.

I mean, education is currently a national priority, according to funding schemes from the government. On the other hand stuff like commerce/law is priority 3, the lowest :( Meaning i have to pay more :(
yes teaching is a national priority because. that is why its cheaper. :)

selablad

HSC
Oh, I always thought the difference in fees (excepting education/nursing etc, the obvious ones) were just due to them requiring more resources? Ie science needed labs and stuff, but humanities just a random classroom. Oh well you learn something new every day, and all that!

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I"ll get back on topic.

Any UAI to get me in Uni. Aim low so you can acheive your goal.

HSC
kaz1 said:
I"ll get back on topic.

Any UAI to get me in Uni. Aim low so you can acheive your goal.
whats the point of having a goal if its that easy to achieve. but then again whats the use of having a goal if its too unrealistic. its best to have a balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)