• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

what uai should i expect? (1 Viewer)

kdes17

HSC
hi, i have come to the conclusion that i dont know what to do after high school, so before i give myself any goals, could someone please predict a range for my uai;

my subjects:

software design / development = 68% (1/12)
information processes = 84% (2/20)
gen maths = 78% (6/60)
physics = 74% (6/30)
standard english = 70% (6/80)
chemistry = pretty shit = 35% (7/13)

*i assume chemistry wont be counted for my uai cos im doing 6 subjects, but not completely sure.

my school: public, all boys, is about 150ish in state ranks, and rather boring.

PS: on a completey unrelated note, is it compulsory for students to do work in class? cos i dont distract the teacher from teaching, nor other students from learning, but i just sit and do nothing.

Just wandering cos some teachers dont care, but some teachers get really pissed. Ive always believed that since im paying school fees, the teachers should let me do whatever i like, but ive been told otherwise.

A l

HSC
N/A
kdes17 said:
PS: on a completey unrelated note, is it compulsory for students to do work in class? cos i dont distract the teacher from teaching, nor other students from learning, but i just sit and do nothing.

Just wandering cos some teachers dont care, but some teachers get really pissed. Ive always believed that since im paying school fees, the teachers should let me do whatever i like, but ive been told otherwise.
It depends on your school's policy on classroom behaviour. However, you would be most likely to be expected to work like others in a classroom environment to gain some practice and acquired knowledge and understanding for the course.
School fees generally cover the purpose of use of facilities and equipment; and maybe the teachers.
Teachers SHOULD be supervising and making sure that the class works efficiently and effectively. Some don't care either because they are lazy, or they have other work to do simultaneously (e.g. marking work). Others do care, because the intended purpose of going to school is to get an education and give some preparation for the workplace at the end of the track. These teachers want you to work for the sake of experience and learning.

A l

HSC
N/A
kdes17 said:
hi, i have come to the conclusion that i dont know what to do after high school, so before i give myself any goals, could someone please predict a range for my uai;

my subjects:

software design / development = 68% (1/12)
information processes = 84% (2/20)
gen maths = 78% (6/60)
physics = 74% (6/30)
standard english = 70% (6/80)
chemistry = pretty shit = 35% (7/13)

*i assume chemistry wont be counted for my uai cos im doing 6 subjects, but not completely sure.
I'd say about 70.00-75.00, that is, if you keep this up in your external exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)