what types of forms can we use for imaginative (1 Viewer)

zizi2003_

HSC
so can we use diary entries for imaginatives?
what others can we use besides normal prose fiction/meta?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, you may incorporate diary entries as a form of imaginative writing. Below is some useful information to consider regarding diary entries:

Diary entries may include the writer's experiences in addition to thoughts and feelings and include comments or commentary outside of the experience. Diary entries may not always be exciting. Diary entries can also be deeply intimate or personal. They may record the writer's personal thoughts with the intention of immortalising a thought or feeling on paper for themselves only, often which would not be communicated to anyone else. Similarly, diary entries can also be deeply impersonal. They may be written with the anticipation that they will be read, and as such, be limited in their self-expression and contain only factual information about an event.

Other forms of imaginative writing you can utilise include:
  • Memoir
  • Monologue
  • Letter
  • Autobiography
I hope this helps! 😄

icycledough

HSC
Could we do an autobiography of a character we make up?
I believe so, as imaginative writing is very loose and very flexible, as long as it addresses the question and incorporates stylistic features (at least one used in your Module C prescribed text). The great thing about imaginative/creative writing is that you can write about literally anything you wish to

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
I always assumed imaginative just meant a narrative

or I think I just never had the balls to try other forms like memoir or letter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)