What torrents sites do you use? (2 Viewers)

William kamel

HSC
After Mininova has changed, it has become real crappy and I was just wondering, what other torrents sites do people use?

badquinton304

HSC
Google. Seriously whatever I want I google it with "torrent" and surely enough I get the torrent.

omnipotent

HSC
Thepiratebay or private torrents (so that i don't get my ass busted by the popo!)

HSC
Uni Grad
The popo connect to the torrents and watch and record the IP's of whoever the seeds/peers are so where you get it from does not matter.

Correct me if I'm wrong?

HSC
Uni Grad
Ah, k. But then private means paying and that then kinda defeats the purpose of torrents...

HSC
Uni Grad
No it doesn't. It just means being invited by someone who is already a member of the site. There are very few paid torrent sites.
Oh, didn't know that :S
Though I don't know anything about private torrents especially considering I thought they were all pay to use.

omnipotent

HSC
Well I'd received a couple of infringements from my isp, so it was either quit downloading or move to private torrents. I can't stop downloading so yeh..

omnipotent

HSC
Wouldn't direct downloads be safest means?
By direct do you mean sites like rapidshare and megaupload? Because if so, these sites usually require the file to be split and you get a limit on how much you can download in a certain amount of time, which is frustrating.

Disregard that if you're talking about something else however.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't torrent, because it's illegal and I'm a law abiding citizen.

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh, I do, but there are auto downloaders where you can put the links for whatever you want (if it's a part file, a link to each part) and then just leave it and it'll download and when you get to the limit, it resets your IP so it can keep on truckin'.

But it's limited to 50kbps and I guess most people would prefer torrents just cos it will go at max speed (provided there is enough connections), though it will almost certainly go higher than 50. Then again if you are asleep who cares what speed it goes at, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)